Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > I've recently began homebrewing wine. What would prevent proper fermentation?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2009, 02:26 AM   #1
jimmy2shoes
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default I've recently began homebrewing wine. What would prevent proper fermentation?

I'm very new to home-brewing, so I found the cheapest, easiest way to do so. I have a few questions, first; how can I know if fermentation is taking place, and when its finished. second; one of my containers had a leak, and I had to transfer my wine from its original container, letting it sit in open air for a few minutes, and pouring it back into a different container, would handling the wine in such a rough way disturb its fermentation? third; the wines new container doen't seal completely around the top, is this acceptable? and lastly; How long or short should I allow fermentation to take place in order to protect the wines flavour, alcoholic content, and integrity? thank you in advance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2009, 06:21 PM   #2
tdavisii

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

You might want to go to the wine section and/or use the search function on the website.

Old 09-13-2009, 06:29 PM   #3
FireNightFly
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

lotsa good threads about this around

Quick Reply