Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Its amazing the difference times makes!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
03rangerxlt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Its amazing the difference times makes!

Our beer had been carbing and after three weeks, my fiancee and I opened a bottle to try. I thought it was just ok, and not as carbed as it could be. My fiancee didn't like it and she was worried. Last night, we opened two bottles and it was amazing how much better it tasted with an extra week of carbing. The flavor had changed and it was smoother, as well as more carbed. Waiting for the carbing process to finish is sound advice!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #2
Hammy71
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 388 Times on 303 Posts
Likes Given: 584

Wait til a month goes by and the flavors finish melding (no green beer). You'll be even more amazed.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #3
vlucchetti
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Likes Given: 13

I've been tasting all my brews weekly to see how they change and the impact it has on all the different variables. Well worth the sacrifice of a few bottles!

Old 04-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #4
03rangerxlt
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlucchetti View Post
I've been tasting all my brews weekly to see how they change and the impact it has on all the different variables. Well worth the sacrifice of a few bottles!
It was definetly worth sacrificing a few bottles to taste how the beer was maturing. The last beer we did was great after only carbing for 1 week. The next time we open one of the beers from this batch will be at the end of this month, at our wedding. By then it should taste really damn good!

Im also interested in tasting the stuff we carbed in the growler. Its a lot of beer! Hopefully it carbed well in that thing.

Quick Reply