Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Itching to brew my next batch... can't wait!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2009, 04:09 PM   #1
BlueSunshine
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Itching to brew my next batch... can't wait!

So with my first batch not turning out so well and deciding to age my second batch a good while before I try it, I'm itching to brew up my third batch. Hopefully this time I can cut down on the errors I made the last two times I brewed!

I'm looking to make sag's Volition Imperial IPA:

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f69/volition-ipa-87033/

The thing is... I'll have to buy a new carboy because the one I currently have is in use. Did I mention that I really don't have any bottles to use either? I might be addicted to this new hobby.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2009, 04:20 PM   #2
bad67z
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 107 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 26

The thing is... I'll have to buy a new carboy because the one I currently have is in use. Did I mention that I really don't have any bottles to use either? I might be addicted to this new hobby. [/QUOTE]

Welcome, it is an addiction. If you have any contact with local bars, this would be a good place to start, with NY Eve coming lots of empties.

If not take a look @ these bottles, they may get out of a bind, just remember to keep anything w/ hops that is bottled in green or clear glass out of direct sunlight, most people don"t like skunky homebrew.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:30 PM   #3
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2779 Times on 2727 Posts
Likes Given: 121

You may also want to do something smaller so you can drink it. That Imperial IPA is going to be another ager.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo

Old 12-30-2009, 04:52 PM   #4
BlueSunshine
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
You may also want to do something smaller so you can drink it. That Imperial IPA is going to be another ager.
You're right, but I can keep myself occupied with some commercial beer I have floating around in the mean time.

Quick Reply