Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > IPA question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2010, 07:19 PM   #11
152Sumo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsleftofyou View Post
I can't find a published attenuation range offhand, but the last time I used S-04 I went from 1.063 to 1.012, about 81% attenuation. You were at 80%. I'm sure the extra points dropping off were just continued fermentation, helped by the fact that it warmed up a little. No worries, you're good.
Thanks, that is a relief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewman79 View Post
Dont judge it till its bottled.
I have always been curious about that. Is it possible to tell how good a beer is going to be when you take hydrometer samples? I always taste my samples, because I enjoy experiencing the changes. But, I am thinking about stopping that habit. Every time I taste a hydrometer sample, even before bottling the last batch that turned out good, I question if it is infected, or if the hops are right, or if gremlins took over fermentation.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2010, 09:12 PM   #12
NAVET
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

RDWHAHB!!
Don't sweat it.
Of course if you're worried, you could drop ice in your tub and get it as cold as you can for a couple days.

A "Veteran" -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to, and including his life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply