Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Iodine water got in my carboy. Now what?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2012, 01:53 AM   #1
OldRunner
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Iodine water got in my carboy. Now what?

Help! I've never had this happen. I've made about 20 batches of beer and been kegging since my fourth batch. This most recent batch, however sucked my blowoff water (made from iodophor and tap water) back into the carboy. The beer is complete...I only got about 4 gallons worth of beer, but when I moved the carboy to keg the beer, the pressure changed I assume, and sucked all the iodophor water back into the carboy. It was about a cups worth. The beer tastes great and I don't want to throw it out. Is it safe??? Please help...Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2012, 02:13 AM   #2
browncoat
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

It 's fine. Don't panic. Iodine can be uses to kill nasties in water backpacking in the outmost regions. Not going ti kill you or anybody who drinks it. Might be an off flavor bit with that little amount I doubt it.

Keg 1 - Old Rasputin Clone
Keg 2 - Stone Pale ale clone
Bottled - Almost Barley Wine

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply