Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Invert/Candi Sugar Stuck to Wax Paper

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2006, 11:11 PM   #1
CABCDEFG
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Invert/Candi Sugar Stuck to Wax Paper

So I tried making some invert/candi sugar using some of the recipies found on the forum here. Everything went fine, got it to the correct color, and after putting it in the freezer, it seemed to be the correct consistency.

Unfortuantely, I can't get the sugar off the wax paper. As soon as I got the sugar to the hard crack stage, I took it off the heat and poured it onto a shallow pan lined with wax paper.

Should I have waited until it cooled down more? I think it might have melted the wax? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2006, 03:18 PM   #2
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 133 Times on 126 Posts

I'm certain you melted the wax. Flip it out of the pan and heat the waxed paper with a hair dryer on low.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 04-16-2006, 07:30 PM   #3
Levers101
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CABCDEFG
So I tried making some invert/candi sugar using some of the recipies found on the forum here. Everything went fine, got it to the correct color, and after putting it in the freezer, it seemed to be the correct consistency.

Unfortuantely, I can't get the sugar off the wax paper. As soon as I got the sugar to the hard crack stage, I took it off the heat and poured it onto a shallow pan lined with wax paper.

Should I have waited until it cooled down more? I think it might have melted the wax? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Try parchment paper next time. It is impregnated with silicone instead of wax and has a much higher melting point. The cooking show people use it all the time for higher temp applications. Its also good because you don't taste any wax flavor if your stuff is too hot.

Bottled/Drinking #12: 6 Hop Variety American Pale Ale
Bottled/Drinking #13: Dry stout kit
Bottled/Drinking #14: Bavarian Wheat
Bottled/Drinking #15: Iron Red Ale

On Deck
:

Bull Sprig Brewery

Quick Reply