Introductions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audible

Reaction score
**Ugh. I just realized I have a typo in the title. Hopefully someone can moderate that for me :)**

Hi all. Name is Mike, I am from Barrie, Ontario, Canada. I am a teacher and decided for a summer project I would start homebrewing. I needed a new hobby and thought this was the perfect blend of science, dedication and intoxication that I normally seek from my hobbies. I've been trolling the forums unregistered since March or so. I registered recently but haven't posted anything. The knowledge here is UNREAL and the forum app has become my night time reading material on my iPad.

First things first, here is my little setup in the basement, which seems to sit at a great temp. for fermentation.

setup.jpg

Right now I am rolling two brews at once. I would like to do three soon. I am making an Apple Cider which is in primary right now, more or less copying THIS recipe, and a Pumpkin Saison which is in secondary. I have had a Cream Ale in bottles for two weeks right now. This is my Cream Ale in comparison to my local favorite Cream Ale made by Muskoka Brewery.

comparison.jpg

I am pretty happy with my first beer. It tastes good and I am sure will just get better. It could be better, but for my first, I am THRILLED with the results. I don't think I poured this one below very well. Subsequent pours have been much clearer and had a much weaker yeast taste. I am going to try to make it a little clearer next time with some Whirlfloc.

creamaleinglass.jpg

As with most of my hobbies, I tend to go all out. So using my limited Photoshop skills, I made some labels and just sent the order off to GrogTag today.

artillerycreamalelabel.png

artilleryciderlabel.png

artillerysaisonlabel.png

The theme of the names is various types of artillery, or people in history influential in its development. I thought it would be a nice gimmick to add to the name. I am happy with my first draft of labels, obviously this will evolve as time goes on.

I think that's all for now. I could go on and on with how much fun I am having, and my future plans but this thread is long enough. Cheers!

Another one flies over the cuckoo's nest! You definitely flew too close to the ground this time! But there's a wealth of information on here from beer to wine to cheese, sausage making, BBQ, etc. How about a gattling IPA? Enjoy! :mug:

Go pick the brains of the Flying Monkeys guys if you need some help...

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Go pick the brains of the Flying Monkeys guys if you need some help...

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

If you notice, in my pictures I have Robert Simpson glasses from the good ole' days. I've talked to the owner of Barnstormer too, nice guy.

B A Red, anyone? Pop used to tell stories from the war in the philippians when he was a seabee. That BAR was nearly ten pounds & heavy to carry all day according to him.

Back