Instructions vs Experience

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moltenink

Reaction score
So I probably already know the answer to this but... Well hell, you guys are all so helpful I figure I'll post it anyway... Worst case scenario I'll get a RDWHAHB.

So I'm currently brewing a Morgan's Royal Oak Amber Ale and its been in the FV for a week... This is my third brew and I've still got some of the new brewer confidence issues...

The instructions say that it should spend 1 week in the FV then should be bottled and that if its left in the FV longer it risks spoiling. I figure this is a load of crap, and I'm just gonna leave it in there for 3 weeks... But I thought I'd post here anyway, calm my mind.

After one week I would check the gravity see where it's at. Then the next few days to see if it's still changing, until it doesn't........I have left many a beer in the primary for a month or so and loved every one of them. RDWHAHB

What kind of fermenter are you using?

I generally keep my stuff in the primary for 2+ weeks. If it is a bigger beer or a lager I will go longer than that. Sometimes I will go shorter, too, but generally I think being lazy is a good thing for beer.

You know that now your brew is spoiled beyond repair and you must ship it to me for proper disposal. :)

Relax. I have a brew in primary for the last 3 weeks now. It will soon be ready to package.

@Boo Boo... You're probably right, spoiled brew. Glad you're willing to dispose for me, just send me a check for $100 for shipping costs and it'll be on its way ;)

Back