Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Impressed by the results (first beer)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2008, 09:53 PM   #1
felix
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Impressed by the results (first beer)

gees, i gave my stout a first taste today to start the gravity readings that will tell me if the fermentation is finished, and i am blown away by the taste. It is my first beer ever (i did ciders before...) and really didnt expect much quality from this simple Cooper's kit (!...). This beer is greener than green and yet is absolutely drinkable and actually taste quite good, very close to a Guinness. And this comes from a microbrewed and Belgian-style beers drinker, not Budweiser. I just cant imagine how it will be once it has aged!!!

The tropical fruit/banana esters coming out of the airlock i was complaining about a couple of posts ago are nowhere to be found in the beer itself (!?)...

thank to everybody who helped me here with precious hints and info

i simply had to share my joy

Come in beautiful Similkameen Valley and visit the winery i work at! www.orofinovineyards.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2008, 09:57 PM   #2
earthad1
Recipes 

Awesome !!!

I hope my first batch of beer comes out the same !!!

Have a pint for me

Old 12-19-2008, 01:33 AM   #3
Ernie3
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Very Cool...keep us posted.

Old 12-19-2008, 01:49 AM   #4
alpo
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Yeah, my first one came out awesome too. Genuinely good, not just relatively like, "It was good for my first batch." I mean, I would actually buy it. I did an Austin Homebrew Supply Blue Moon clone kit (partial mash). It doesn't exactly taste like Blue Moon, per se. I personally think it is significantly better. I did 2 weeks primary, 2 weeks secondary, 3 weeks bottled.

Here is a picture of the first completed beer I ever poured. (I say completed because I did open a couple prematurely, during the bottle conditioning phase, to gauge the progress)

My second batch will be ready around Tuesday. I hope it turns out as good. It should be pretty similar, as it is the AHS Belgian wit. I'm lucky enough to live about 10 minutes from AHS.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:07 AM   #5
felix
Recipes 

isnt that wonderful?

one hell of a hobby i'm telling ya.

now i have to start a new batch as soon as i transfer to secondary, i fear i will drink it too fast!

Come in beautiful Similkameen Valley and visit the winery i work at! www.orofinovineyards.com

Quick Reply