*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > I'm hooked

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2011, 12:53 AM   #1
Double_B_BrewWorks
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default I'm hooked

Just jumping on to say this sight has been amazing with all the info and great tips I've been able to incorporate into my first few batches. I brewed my first batch back in September (AHS American IPA extract kit) and I'm doing my best to let it bottle condition for four weeks prior to tasting. Since then, I've brewed a mini-mash of AHS Double Chocolate Stout and a mini-mash version of Ska Brewing's Modus Hoperandi from a recipe from this forum. I'll be racking the stout to a secondary on top of some vanilla beans and cocoa nibs to free up a primary for a try at an ESB. Once my Modus Hoperandi Clone dry hops (in the primary next week) I'll attempt a barleywine.

Thanks again to all the great information coming from the members of this forum.

Cheers
Brian

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2011, 01:11 AM   #2
Inverted_Giraffe
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_B_BrewWorks View Post
Just jumping on to say this sight has been amazing with all the info and great tips I've been able to incorporate into my first few batches. I brewed my first batch back in September (AHS American IPA extract kit) and I'm doing my best to let it bottle condition for four weeks prior to tasting. Since then, I've brewed a mini-mash of AHS Double Chocolate Stout and a mini-mash version of Ska Brewing's Modus Hoperandi from a recipe from this forum. I'll be racking the stout to a secondary on top of some vanilla beans and cocoa nibs to free up a primary for a try at an ESB. Once my Modus Hoperandi Clone dry hops (in the primary next week) I'll attempt a barleywine.

Thanks again to all the great information coming from the members of this forum.

Cheers
Brian

Sounds like you have it all under control and will soon be at RDWHAHB with an actual home brew, and a great one at that with the patience you have!

Old 10-21-2011, 01:17 AM   #3
birvine
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 4

So it doesn't kill you, pop one into the fridge now and give yourself a sample over the weekend. That way you'll have something with which to compare once it gets really tasty!

B

Quick Reply