Originally Posted by h4rdluck
More worried about the 9lbs DME and the Yeast. Hopefully you aerated the **** out of it...cause I've done similar things before. You have 10lbs of fermentables in there and i've had problems even when making 1 liter starts and that OG getting it to attenuate past 1.025 And I ended up with beer that was very sweet. You may try adding 2-3 cups of boiled sugar when you get a sense that the fermentation is dropping off in order to hopefully give the yeast an extra boost to hopefully finish attenuating the malt.
And from reading about the yeast you used...looks like you may have made the mistake i made. Using a medium level attenuating english ale yeast. Next time I recommend a more robust attenuating yeast.
Don't worry i did the exact same thing as you a few times...not just once.
Just be careful from now on what yeast you choose for something of that O.G. Or pitch onto a yeast cake from a previous beer that had say 6 or so pounds of malt to ferment.
yeah i spent 15 mins spinning shaking the hell out of the carboy biggest work out i got in a month i also helped my yeast out by giving it some nutrient
Red Mail Ale (red-tail ale Clone)5 gal
Deluge Imperial Russian stout
Solid Nut Brown Ale
Foot N' Mouth IPA
Shakmat Weiss King Weiss Bier