Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > i want to make a very special beer any suggestion?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2011, 06:05 AM   #11
barleyfarm
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Banana bread ale. Yes, I've had it. It's made by wells, so you can pick one up and try to taste it and mimmick it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2011, 06:56 AM   #12
C-Rider
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 124 Times on 107 Posts
Likes Given: 281

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmastiff View Post
Hi in november i will be Godfather of my only nephew, in Mexico this is a great tradition and great honor for me, because that i want to make a very special beer to enjoy with all my family that day, but the majority of my family don´t liked stroger beers like barely wine, porter or stout because that i have in mind make a Dunkelweizen, so you think that is a good option? any suggestion?
How about a Porter and flavor it w/some cold brewed Mexican coffee? You can control the APV w/BeerSmith software.

Kaiser Ridge Brewing
-------------------------
Bottled in the refer: Maui Wowie(RobustCoffeePorter)
Bottled in the refer: Malahine Ale (Am Pale)
Bottled in the refer: OldGlory (Am Stout)
Bottled in the refer: GermanImperialStout
Bottled in the refer: German IPA
Bottled in the refer: Düsseldorf Altbier

Old 08-06-2011, 12:02 PM   #13
cervezarara
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Hi Darkmastiff,

Felicitaciones en su padrinazgo! If you can't brew lagers (no lagering fridge), you can make a brown ale. In Nevember in the US, many of us like pumpkin ales as we associate the Halloween (vispera del Dia de los muertos) and Thanksgiving season with traditional pumpkin pie. This pastel is made with pumpkin and spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger and allspice.

If you go this route, you can spice with about two teaspoons combined of the above dried spices at 5 minutes left in the boil. If you have access to calabaza, you can pre-boil and then mini-mash it with a pound or two of a base malt. This will be hard to drain/sparge, and the pumpkin will hold a lot of the wort, so be forewarned that it will be messy. It will help produce a burnt orange tint to the beer, and some pumpkin flavor.

Taste your sample after primary fermentation and decide if you want to secondary with more spices. You can use a spice tea if you desire more.

If you're interested, there are some good recipes on this forum, like the one here: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f76/thunderstruck-pumpkin-ale-ag-extract-versions-26699/

Salud!

Old 08-08-2011, 04:26 PM   #14
darkmastiff
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Thanks to all for the good desires and the suggestions i really apreciate avery single answer i try to do a pumpink ale but i don´t know if in Mexico sell pumpink canned y try to found it

Old 08-08-2011, 05:06 PM   #15
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2729 Times on 1637 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmastiff View Post
Thanks to all for the good desires and the suggestions i really apreciate avery single answer i try to do a pumpink ale but i don´t know if in Mexico sell pumpink canned y try to found it
Since pumpkin originally came from mexico, you should at least find it fresh. If that's the case, then slice it into large wedges, leave it on the rind and roast it in a 350 degree oven for 45- 60 minutes then dig out the fruit with a spoon and use that.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 08-08-2011, 06:04 PM   #16
ReverseApacheMaster
Recipes 

Liked 229 Times on 192 Posts

In D.F. you should be able to find Victoria, which is a Vienna-style lager. Alternatively you may be able to find Negro Modelo.

A pumpkin beer would be good but it might put some people off. I think a dunkelweizen fermented on the cooler side would be generally well received. Same for a cool fermented dubbel. Personally I would probably take a look at the fresh produce and local spices and see what interesting beer could be made, like a chile beer or an agave blonde or something using local sugar products, etc. that are hard to find outside of the region.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:14 PM   #17
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverseApacheMaster View Post
In D.F. you should be able to find Victoria, which is a Vienna-style lager. Alternatively you may be able to find Negro Modelo.

A pumpkin beer would be good but it might put some people off. I think a dunkelweizen fermented on the cooler side would be generally well received. Same for a cool fermented dubbel. Personally I would probably take a look at the fresh produce and local spices and see what interesting beer could be made, like a chile beer or an agave blonde or something using local sugar products, etc. that are hard to find outside of the region.
Agave blonde sounds cool.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

urbanalgorithm Likes This 
Old 08-08-2011, 06:18 PM   #18
Revvy

Recipes 

I'm an idiot...I forgot, I do a Chocolate Mole Porter with a combination of my own chile powder (ancho, pasillo, dry chipotles, cayenne, mexican chocolate, cumin and cinnamon.) Finished with cayenne in the last 5 minutes of the boil...
I've even mashed my grains in the Abuelito instand hot chocolate.

Type: All Grain
Date: 1/31/2009
Batch Size: 2.50 gal

Boil Size: 2.93 gal
Boil Time: 75 min

Ingredients

Amount Item Type % or IBU
4 lbs Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 60.33 %
1 lbs Munich Malt - 10L (10.0 SRM) Grain 15.08 %
8.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 40L (40.0 SRM) Grain 7.54 %
8.0 oz Chocolate Malt (350.0 SRM) Grain 7.54 %
8.0 oz Oats, Flaked (1.0 SRM) Grain 7.54 %
0.50 oz Williamette [4.60 %] (60 min) Hops 14.4 IBU
0.25 oz Williamette [4.60 %] (30 min) Hops 5.5 IBU
0.50 oz Williamette [4.60 %] (2 min) Hops 1.2 IBU
0.50 cup Malto-Dextrine (Boil 5.0 min) Misc
2.1 oz Milk Sugar (Lactose) (0.0 SRM) Sugar 1.96 %
2.5 disks Abualita Mexican Hot cocco + 1 tsp my chili powder in Mash tun. 1/4 disk @ 40 and 1/4 disk + 1 tsp Cayene pepper @ 2 minutes.

You could come up with something similar.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:59 PM   #19
darkmastiff
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Revvy thats repice of chocolate mole porter sounds very good for sure i make it but i´m not sure if i do it for this ocassion but for sure i make this beer

Quick Reply