Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > I want to make a starter from commercial bottle yeast sediment...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2008, 06:30 PM   #1
GolgiApparatus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default I want to make a starter from commercial bottle yeast sediment...

What are the recommendations? I tried searching out a good thread, but couldn't really find one.

I'm going to be brewing a nice dark dubbel next weekend and I have a few bottles of Bell's Hell Hath No Fury that I would like to harvest the yeast from. What's the best method? I have a 2000ml flask, yeast nutrient, and a LHBS somewhat handy if I need something else.

Thanks!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2008, 07:05 PM   #2
niquejim
Burrowing Owl Brewery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 42 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 87

Try here
How to Brew - By John Palmer - Yeast from Commercial Beers

Old 10-26-2008, 08:08 PM   #3
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2711 Times on 1629 Posts
Likes Given: 3484

Search on here for "bottle harvest pacman" or "Pacman Video"...there's a ton of info on here about it..We were doing it awhile back with rogue's yeast.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Quick Reply