I think its about time I stopped doing 2 batches at once

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mosquitocontrol

Reaction score
So I usually brew 2 5-gallon batches at once. And I always screw something up. Most of the time its forgetting the late half of late-extract addition. Or forgetting a schedule of hops. Today I think I switched the yeast on my two batches, though i'm not sure. This sucks. Last time I did that both my batches turned out pretty funky and I ended up dumping half of each of the bottles. I hope I don't need to do the same this time. I was really looking forward to it.

Switched Fat Tire with California Ale yeast

and

Irish Ale yeast for a Vanilla Stout.

Is there any possibility of it turning out good? I won't dump until I've tried them after bottle conditioning. But I don't think I'm gonna get my hopes up. Really disappointed in myself. I'm really just complaining because I don't want to tell SWMBO that I screwed up his Donut Stout I've been promising him for months.

Usually it's HWMO, in my experience. :D

It won't come out exactly the same as it would have, but every batch tastes slightly different so if you don't tell him you swapped the yeasts, he'll probably never know. And it sounds like you might not have anyway, so you won't even know for sure!

I've had the same experience only doing one batch at a time. The guys that I brew with typically start their drinking at the same time we start brewing, so something gets forgotten, a time is missed or something along those lines.

Needless to say, we haven't had a bad brew yet. so let the fermenting be, and as passedpawn said: RDWHAWB

Oh, and if you'd ever want to make beer for me, you're more than welcome to! :mug:

Back