The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > I just bought the true brew Gold kit 2 stage fermentation, and this is my first time.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #11
mookie5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Thanks for the advice.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #12
unionrdr
Wannabe author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1826 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 1295

It sounds to me like you have a carboy to ferment in & a bottling bucket with spigot. Ferment in the carboy till a stable FG is reached & the beer settles out clear or slightly misty. It'll eat up any by-products of fermentation at the same time it's settling out,giving better beer.
A secondary isn't needed for the most part these days. I only secondary when oaking,adding fruit,or the like. I also dry hop in primary after FG is reached & it's settled out nicely. The hop oils coat settling yeast & go to the bottom. So you want it settled out well before dry hopping 7 days before packaging.
When transfering to bottling bucket (or secondary if you had one),Use an auto siphone,or tubing from the spigot if it has one to curl half way round the bottom of the vessel being racked into. This will prevent oxidation during the process. It'll also induce some swirl when adding priming solution to the bottling bucket. A good thing to get the priming solution mixed with the incoming beer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply