I got some crazy fermentation going on @ day 5!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jigidyjim

Reaction score
Just sharing...

I've got an IPA with Wyeast 1968 going in my carboy. I didn't see anything happen the first 3 days (well, a bubble here and there). But when I checked today (day 5), the thing is going nuts! The airlock is bubbling several times a second, and whats cool is I can see tons of stuff swirling around in the carboy. It's my 4th brew and I don't recall ever seeing stuff move around in the carboy before...

I guess since it didn't really start going til day 4 I'll let it sit in the primary a little longer than I was planning before bottle conditioning.

Haha! my roommates do the same thing to me...the first thing I'll do in the morning is time the bubbling rate...

Its the first thing I do in the morning, and the last thing I do beofre I go to bed... watch those delicious bubbles. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy:)

LOL! I thought I was the only one. My wife and children make fun of me for watching by beer carbonate.:p

Thats too funny, I am constantly watching the bubbles, I usually use my bucket but i will use my carboy next and see more of a show.:rockin:

Back