Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > I find myself...
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2009, 08:37 AM   #1
AKchill
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AKchill's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 127
Default I find myself...

Reading about beer a lot more these days. I'm waiting for my second batch to condition, a pale, while my amber percolates. My third is going to be EdWort's apfelwein, tomorrow's after-work project. And I'm enjoying DFH's India Brown. Waiting. And waiting. My first beer was a hefe, but I drank it too fast. And by "I", I mean my buddies. Had one freaking party at the house, and all my beer was gone. So now I sit, drinking DFH's Indian Brown. And reading about it on their website. Every time I have a beer now, I look for ingredients, then while I drink it, I'm either reading about how to make beer here, or reading about how the beer I'm drinking is made. Kinda makes me appreciate beer more. Just thinking on a keyboard.

__________________

"I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night."

-Greek Proverb

AKchill is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2009, 08:47 AM   #2
llazy_llama
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Rapid City, South Dakota
Posts: 2,885
Liked 66 Times on 27 Posts

Default

Seconded. Since I've started brewing, every time I drink a decent craft beer, I always think about ways to clone it. I consider the types of hops used, when to add them, etc...



Being from Anchorage, you're right near my beer Mecca. I learned to love good beer there, mostly from Alaskan Amber, and the micro's at Moose's Tooth. Darwin's was always a good stop after all the other bars closed, but my favorite place was always Humpy's!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catt22 View Post
I would never use a dead mouse in my beer. It's much better to use live ones. You could probably just steep a dead one, but live ones must be mashed. Actually, smashed and mashed would be best.
llazy_llama is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2009, 09:04 AM   #3
AKchill
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AKchill's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 127
Default

Don't forget about the Goose, the Brewhouse, and of course, the best brewery here, Midnight Sun. Cool that you know about anchortown. What kind of breweries are in South Dakota? I've never been there yet.

__________________

"I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night."

-Greek Proverb

AKchill is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2009, 09:12 AM   #4
llazy_llama
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Rapid City, South Dakota
Posts: 2,885
Liked 66 Times on 27 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKchill View Post
Don't forget about the Goose, the Brewhouse, and of course, the best brewery here, Midnight Sun. Cool that you know about anchortown. What kind of breweries are in South Dakota? I've never been there yet.
I never got the chance to check out the Goose or the Brewhouse. I did, however, try several samples from Midnight Sun. They had one... I think it was Midnight Sun Black Rhino Coffee Stout that blew me away. I was sent up to Anchorage for a few weeks as a temporary deployment (Elmendorf AFB).

As for South Dakota, The only brewery here that I know of is the Firehouse, which is a renovated Fire Station turned into a brew pub. If you ever make it down here, and ask for good beer, that's about the only place you'll get sent to.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catt22 View Post
I would never use a dead mouse in my beer. It's much better to use live ones. You could probably just steep a dead one, but live ones must be mashed. Actually, smashed and mashed would be best.
llazy_llama is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2009, 09:16 AM   #5
AKchill
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AKchill's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 127
Default

I've had that beer here. Brown Jug's carry it. Good stuff. The red ale comes to mind, but only because i'm drinking a lagunita's censored ale.

__________________

"I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night."

-Greek Proverb

AKchill is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2013, 11:16 PM   #6
lucasxp
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 63
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKchill View Post
Reading about beer a lot more these days. I'm waiting for my second batch to condition, a pale, while my amber percolates. My third is going to be EdWort's apfelwein, tomorrow's after-work project. And I'm enjoying DFH's India Brown. Waiting. And waiting. My first beer was a hefe, but I drank it too fast. And by "I", I mean my buddies. Had one freaking party at the house, and all my beer was gone. So now I sit, drinking DFH's Indian Brown. And reading about it on their website. Every time I have a beer now, I look for ingredients, then while I drink it, I'm either reading about how to make beer here, or reading about how the beer I'm drinking is made. Kinda makes me appreciate beer more. Just thinking on a keyboard.
Seconded! Whenever I buy beer now I give preference to the ones that have more information on how they are made on the label. Such a cool process!!
__________________
lucasxp is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just can't seem to find it... Reno_eNVy General Beer Discussion 7 01-30-2009 06:58 PM
Help me find this bar! DrugCoder DIY Projects 4 01-02-2009 06:17 PM
Where can I find... GIusedtoBe General Beer Discussion 5 10-02-2007 08:09 PM
What a find! JayMckeever Commercial Brew Discussion 2 03-09-2007 12:55 PM