Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > I find myself...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2009, 08:37 AM   #1
AKchill
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Default I find myself...

Reading about beer a lot more these days. I'm waiting for my second batch to condition, a pale, while my amber percolates. My third is going to be EdWort's apfelwein, tomorrow's after-work project. And I'm enjoying DFH's India Brown. Waiting. And waiting. My first beer was a hefe, but I drank it too fast. And by "I", I mean my buddies. Had one freaking party at the house, and all my beer was gone. So now I sit, drinking DFH's Indian Brown. And reading about it on their website. Every time I have a beer now, I look for ingredients, then while I drink it, I'm either reading about how to make beer here, or reading about how the beer I'm drinking is made. Kinda makes me appreciate beer more. Just thinking on a keyboard.

"I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night."

-Greek Proverb

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2009, 08:47 AM   #2
llazy_llama
Recipes 

Liked 66 Times on 27 Posts

Seconded. Since I've started brewing, every time I drink a decent craft beer, I always think about ways to clone it. I consider the types of hops used, when to add them, etc...

Being from Anchorage, you're right near my beer Mecca. I learned to love good beer there, mostly from Alaskan Amber, and the micro's at Moose's Tooth. Darwin's was always a good stop after all the other bars closed, but my favorite place was always Humpy's!

Old 02-14-2009, 09:04 AM   #3
AKchill

Recipes 

Don't forget about the Goose, the Brewhouse, and of course, the best brewery here, Midnight Sun. Cool that you know about anchortown. What kind of breweries are in South Dakota? I've never been there yet.

"I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night."

-Greek Proverb

Old 02-14-2009, 09:12 AM   #4
llazy_llama
Recipes 

Liked 66 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKchill View Post
Don't forget about the Goose, the Brewhouse, and of course, the best brewery here, Midnight Sun. Cool that you know about anchortown. What kind of breweries are in South Dakota? I've never been there yet.
I never got the chance to check out the Goose or the Brewhouse. I did, however, try several samples from Midnight Sun. They had one... I think it was Midnight Sun Black Rhino Coffee Stout that blew me away. I was sent up to Anchorage for a few weeks as a temporary deployment (Elmendorf AFB).

As for South Dakota, The only brewery here that I know of is the Firehouse, which is a renovated Fire Station turned into a brew pub. If you ever make it down here, and ask for good beer, that's about the only place you'll get sent to.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:16 AM   #5
AKchill

Recipes 

I've had that beer here. Brown Jug's carry it. Good stuff. The red ale comes to mind, but only because i'm drinking a lagunita's censored ale.

-Greek Proverb

Old 10-13-2013, 11:16 PM   #6
lucasxp
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKchill View Post
Reading about beer a lot more these days. I'm waiting for my second batch to condition, a pale, while my amber percolates. My third is going to be EdWort's apfelwein, tomorrow's after-work project. And I'm enjoying DFH's India Brown. Waiting. And waiting. My first beer was a hefe, but I drank it too fast. And by "I", I mean my buddies. Had one freaking party at the house, and all my beer was gone. So now I sit, drinking DFH's Indian Brown. And reading about it on their website. Every time I have a beer now, I look for ingredients, then while I drink it, I'm either reading about how to make beer here, or reading about how the beer I'm drinking is made. Kinda makes me appreciate beer more. Just thinking on a keyboard.
Seconded! Whenever I buy beer now I give preference to the ones that have more information on how they are made on the label. Such a cool process!!

Quick Reply