Hi, I guess here's my first batch and let me lay out my problem.
I bought from craigslist a couple carboys and some ingredients that someone had to unload due to financial crisis. I got a 33lb jug of dark malt syrup, 1 lb of crystal malt(type unnown)and some hops.
My wife rebelled against this jug taking up so much room in the fridge, and demanded I remove said ingredients. I thought "Hey, I have 2 carboys, and an empty bucket, I'll just brew 15 gallons of strong brew for my first attempt."
Used a brew calculator online for boil times, everything seemed to go fine.
Brewed, put in fermenters, fermented vigorously for 10 days, borrowed extra buckets, racked to secondaries, and put brew out of site.
Weeks later, brew is doing nothing, gravity doesn't budge, no bubbles for a week of observation. Thought "time to bottle"
Added priming sugar, bottled. 1 week later... beer is VERY carbonated, and way too sweet. I'm thinking now that the fermentation got stuck, and with air and sugar it decided to start again. Also not a hint of hop flavor.