New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > I can't believe I didn't prime...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2012, 03:06 AM   #21
Dynachrome
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 55 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 437

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcastil View Post
Or you could just let it sit for a while and it will carbonate naturally on its own.
I've had good luck with this. I had a dozen bottles capped, realized I needed to add priming sugar, added it and just kept going. The beer was a dark wheat I believe.

Those un-primed bottles were fine, lower but decent carbonation with less head retention.

I also poured a different batch back into a fermentor, let it finish, and added the correct amount of priming sugar - no spoiled bottles.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #22
Dynachrome
Recipes 

Liked 55 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 437

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdawson9 View Post
So the coopers drops came yesterday and I put them in each bottle today. One for each 12 oz and two for each 22 oz. is it normal that when I cracked the uncarbed beer it still had vapor come out and when I put the drop in each bottle, I had foam spill over each time? I waited until the foam stopped and then recapped. All sounds good and normal?
This, yes this....

Have you finished drinking the batch yet?

Old 08-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #23
mdawson9
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

After a few weeks still flat, I open the bottles and kegged all but 12 bottles. At this point I figured there was nothing to lose. That was yesterday. I tried a bottle today and it was still flat so I'm praying the beer wasnt oxidized in the transfer and I can force carb it. Fingers crossed!

RIP: British Pale Ale, Hefeweizen, Cream Ale, DIPA, American Brown Ale, Single Hop Nelson Sauvin IPA, NB Winter Warmer, Chimay Blue Clone, Magic Hat #9 clone, Single Hop Cascade IPA, Vanilla Bourbon Porter, SMaSH Cenntenial IPA, German Pils,
Bottled: Beligan Trippel, Imperial IPA
Kegged: American Amber
Fermenting: Belgian Witbier
Lagering:
On Deck: Citra IPA

Dynachrome Likes This 
Old 08-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #24
HopToIt
Recipes 

Another noob the edge of my seat, here (just joined yesterday). How did the kegging go after the bottles didn't carb?

Old 08-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #25
MZRIS
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 11

yikes, i got two batches of beer bottled in a similar situation, they are not carbing and i used priming sugar, lol. I thought about dumping them into a keg but decided not to cause of oxidation. how did it go? 4 months and i am still waiting on them to carb, lol!

Old 08-24-2012, 03:40 PM   #26
smalltownbrewer
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZRIS
yikes, i got two batches of beer bottled in a similar situation, they are not carbing and i used priming sugar, lol. I thought about dumping them into a keg but decided not to cause of oxidation. how did it go? 4 months and i am still waiting on them to carb, lol!
You may want to try and swirl the bottles around to suspend the yeast again and make sure there somewhere a little bit warmer, but out of the sun.

Old 08-25-2012, 06:45 PM   #27
mdawson9
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

It was a success. I'm enjoying this beautifully carbed IPA for a couple weeks now. I was pretty careful when pouring into the keg. Got down on the floor and had the keg almost sideways, put my arm in with the beer and gently poured. Tastes great! Only problem is that I held back 12 bottles in just in case. Now I wished I had kegged them. Opened another a couple minutes ago and it's still flat. I'll probably keg these now 11 bottles once I kick the keg.

Quick Reply