Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > I built my first Keezer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2013, 12:03 AM   #21
MustGoFast
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 4

Agree on the comment for plans if you have em. I'd love to replicate something like that.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2013, 08:03 AM   #22
drakeskakes
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustGoFast View Post
Agree on the comment for plans if you have em. I'd love to replicate something like that.
Sorry, I wish I had some plans for you but it was kind of a build as I go project. I had an idea in my head, and since home depot is across the street I was able to just come and go as I pleased, no need for drawn up plans.

The only real measurements were for the top. I knew the area it had to fit in, and went from there. The foot print wasn't as important.

Basically, I built a box around my freezer, and some edges on my lid. I probably spent 3 extra days and 20% more than I had to just because of trial and error, but to be honest I'm glas it went that way. I could easily build another in half the time for half the price.

My biggest hold up was deciding what tiles, and laying the tile since I had never done it before, and the coffin box.

I built 3 boxes before getting it right. Honestly, a staple gun made it much much much easier to do solo. It gave me a "extra set of hands" to hold the wood together so I could drill it.

Hope this helps, I'm sure you were hoping for more, but unfortunately I don't have anything for you

Old 04-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #23
MustGoFast
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Likes Given: 4

Tell me you live near MKE and want to help me test your half the time statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakeskakes View Post
Sorry, I wish I had some plans for you but it was kind of a build as I go project. I had an idea in my head, and since home depot is across the street I was able to just come and go as I pleased, no need for drawn up plans.

The only real measurements were for the top. I knew the area it had to fit in, and went from there. The foot print wasn't as important.

Basically, I built a box around my freezer, and some edges on my lid. I probably spent 3 extra days and 20% more than I had to just because of trial and error, but to be honest I'm glas it went that way. I could easily build another in half the time for half the price.

My biggest hold up was deciding what tiles, and laying the tile since I had never done it before, and the coffin box.

I built 3 boxes before getting it right. Honestly, a staple gun made it much much much easier to do solo. It gave me a "extra set of hands" to hold the wood together so I could drill it.

Hope this helps, I'm sure you were hoping for more, but unfortunately I don't have anything for you

Old 04-22-2013, 04:22 PM   #24
BestBeerShop
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Pretty slick setup. I like the back splash tiles, nice little accent.

Quick Reply