How to salvage my flat uncarbed beer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woollybugger2

Reaction score
after 6 weeks in the primary I bottled my brown ale. it's about 6% abv and quite tasty, but flat, flat, flat.

I've stirred the bottles and they are @ 72 degrees....

5 weeks after bottling I dropped some muttons carb tabs into a grolsh bottle and waited three or four more weeks... nada, not a bubble not co2 at all...

I've got about 4.5 gallons bottled up and was wondering if its possible to reinoculate it with some fresh yeast? How would you go about doing that?

I'll drink it flat, but it's going to last a long time..... ;)

sprinkle a pinch of dry yeast in each bottle, recap. beware of bottle bombs if you primed at bottling time and added carbtabs later...

well as they say time heals all wounds.....

I just now opened a bottle of this (previously) flat beer and was greeted by a big foamy head and lots of mouthfeel, not to mention a wonderfully delirious flavor along with most excellent lacing on the glass...

i'm going to cry now....

well as they say time heals all wounds.....

I just now opened a bottle of this (previously) flat beer and was greeted by a big foamy head and lots of mouthfeel, not to mention a wonderfully delirious flavor along with most excellent lacing on the glass...

i'm going to cry now....

You could have experienced a uneven carbonation throughout your batch. Perhaps the first couple you opened were low, and that one is high.

I'm pretty new to this, but from what I've read I've heard of this happening... and for multiple reasons. Mainly not stiring the sugar into your bottleing bucket and having it dissolve evenly throughout your batch.

no, six random bottles had no carb at all, took two more and added sugar, waited another coupled of weeks, still no carb. but now after waiting for months ... SUCCESS!!!!

Back