Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > How much is too much: Hydrometer readings taking my beer away!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2010, 02:22 AM   #31
shanecb
Kvlt Brewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I'll almost always put the samples back. I just make sure to sanitize the hydrometer and such really well; I haven't had any problems yet. I don't take many readings, anyway. One before I pitch the yeast, then one or two to make sure the fermentation is done. Sometimes one on bottling day just to be positive.

We are the Sons of Winter and Stars
We ́ve come from a far beyond time
Forever the fire burns in our hearts
Our world shall never die
- Wintersun

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply