Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > How much space do you really need?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2012, 05:14 PM   #11
loud1
Swill Maker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I have a machine shop in half of my basement, that is my brewery maintenance department with 2 tall cabinet units dedicated to fermenting and bottling tucked away in there, then i have all of my brewing equipment up in the rafters of my garage, truthfully there isn't a lot of space dedicated to brewing your 5 foot extension should be more than enough for brewing and shop activities.

"Why yesh, I have been drinking my homebrew again, How nische of you to notisch."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #12
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4451 Times on 3240 Posts
Likes Given: 866

It depends on where you're going to brew. If you're going to brew in the garage, it's easiest and convenient to have the stand stay set up. I have a pretty small footprint for mine- about 5' long and 3' wide or so. But then there are hoses, carboys, fermenters, some stuff in cabinets, etc. I have tons of stuff in the basement (all my grain, mill fermenters, kegs) and then the brewery in the laundry room. If I had it all in one place, I'd probably easily use a 12'x12' area.

One of my friends (SeaBeeJohn) has an awesome garage set up with his grains on shelfs in rubbermaid bins and the brewery across the garage against the wall. He still can fit cars in there, if he wanted to!

Old 08-14-2012, 05:47 PM   #13
kanta
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

That sounds awesome, Yooper! I wish I could have a basement to do all this in, but there really aren't very many houses that have basements around here. However, 3 car garages with extensions are becoming more common in all the new construction areas, so that seems like the best option. Park 2 cars and still have enough room to set up the equipment. I guess I'll have to figure out how to be able to fire up the burner in the garage (with the roll up door open, of course) without burning the house down

Old 08-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #14
BronxBrew
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 13

No basement or garage here. its all man cave and kitchen.

Quick Reply