How long is too long?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCH

Reaction score
I've had a honey ale in the secondary for almost 10 months. No sign of infection, just got side-tracked with life and kept putting it off. Brew has been sitting in an extra room in the house. In other words, no extreme temperature changes.

Now I'm back on top of everything(for a little while at least) and am getting back into brewing. I've got a CO2 setup on the way and was thinking about carbonating the honey ale but was wondering if I would just be wasting gas?

Thanks ahead of time!

You know? You're right. This will be my first force carbonation. It will be a good test brew, I guess. And who knows....it could be great!

Thanks!

CO2 is cheap. Carb it, chill it, then drink it. I bet it'll be good! Don't give up on a beer so easily! :)

-Steve

honey takes a long time to ferment out anyways. or so i was told. i know 10 months is a lot longer than 2, but im sure it will taste just fine. i wish i had the patience to experiment with a beer like that.

honey takes a long time to ferment out anyways. or so i was told. i know 10 months is a lot longer than 2, but im sure it will taste just fine. i wish i had the patience to experiment with a beer like that.

Wish I could attribute my apathy to patience, but I can't.:D

Children, money problems, job promotion and life in general.....oh and hunting season too.:D

Latest posts

Back