Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > how long is to long

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2011, 12:07 AM   #1
redliner
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default how long is to long

hey guys i just found a 6 gallon primary downstairs full of oktoberfest from april is it still good or just dump it?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2011, 12:09 AM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2733 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Probably one of the best beers you've ever tasted. Bottle it and enjoy.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 09-25-2011, 12:11 AM   #3
poislb
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 53 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Really? how does thet even happen... Thats like finding a 20 in your pocket when your doing laundry.

Keg that up....Thats gonna be a good one

Old 09-25-2011, 12:18 AM   #4
beerrepository
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by poislb
Really? how does thet even happen... Thats like finding a 20 in your pocket when your doing laundry.

This is what I want to know. I usually can't keep myself from wanting to rush the fermentation process let alone just forgetting about a beer altogether. Sounds like a great problem to have.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:27 AM   #5
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2733 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by poislb View Post

It's called life.... I just bottled my Extra Strong Bitter that I brewed at Natl Home Brew day the first week of May.... Between then and now I did a complete rehab on the condo I am now living in...

I had another beer in primary for over 6 months before. One of the best beers I've ever brewed.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 09-25-2011, 02:29 PM   #6
redliner
Recipes 

just been a busy time everytime i thought to bottle something came up. ill bottle it this wk and have it ready 4 october lol

Old 09-25-2011, 06:03 PM   #7
McRedimus
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

I second revvy's reply that it will probably be one of the best you have ever tasted. I would mix in some pruning sugar for carbonation and bottle.

Old 09-25-2011, 06:09 PM   #8
Dan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1910 Times on 1182 Posts
Likes Given: 2742

I have a batch in the primary (a plastic fermentation bucket) for about 6 weeks now. Never gone that long before and am in no hurry to get it kegged/bottled. Maybe my own stubborn way of pushing the standards.. I think it will be ok though. Probably find out around Christmas!

Quick Reply