Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > How long does fermentation last?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2011, 09:18 PM   #11
cokronk
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurmey View Post
You may be a kegging guy but do you really like drinking green, unfinished beer? Beer is so much better if drank 6+ weeks from brewing. If you like drinking crap beer, keg it and drink it as soon as you like.
I understand that waiting is better and wasn't planning on keggin until about week 4, so that way it could have another week or two after than to carbonate properly, I was just wondering how long fermentation generally last?

I assume it's different for lagers? But even so, the kit I purchased came with a lagering yeast.

I plan on starting my second batch before I keg my first so that by the time I'm sad because I'm out of my first batch, I'll be about ready to crack open my second and keg my third.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #12
MX1
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Short answer is

it last till done....not trying to be an ass, but really that is the best answer.
and don't listen to the airlock, take a gravity reading. Same reading 3 days in a row, your finished.

Tim

"The ART of brewing Beer, is the ACT of brewing Beer"

Ferm 1: Bitter End IPA
Ferm 2: Coffee Stout

On Deck: Colorado Common Cream Ale

Keg 1: House Amber Ale
Keg 2:

Total Gallons brewed (2014) - 30

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply