Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > How long...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #11
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1074 Times on 782 Posts
Likes Given: 3977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhem View Post
Drinkable: Years
Best hop aroma: within 2 months
^totally.

Brewin' 'n' Que'n - YouTube Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
can i drink this? I mean. Im gunna. But is it fine?
Quote:
it's not a barley wine. it's an ale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Have you seen the price of ketchup lately? And I'm not talking Heinz.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2012, 07:35 PM   #12
tre9er
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 232 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordeastBrewer77 View Post
Ummmm....... me? When ya have two on tap, two on deck next to the kegerator, two in secondary, three in the fermenter, ingredients for the next two batches, a kit you received as a gift and several in bottles, not to mention are a commercial beer junkie, you'd be amazed at how long some beers can last.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RM-MN View Post
Me. I have two seasons, brewing season (late fall/winter) and busy season (the rest of the year) so I brew lots and bottle enough to last all year, then meter them out over the busy season so I don't run out before the next brewing season and have to buy commercial or drink mine before it is mature.
Nice pipeline, gents! Most i've had is 3 full kegs but one wasn't carbed yet. SWMBO doesn't like me brewing every week, really doesn't like the smell and the time it takes...but I'm getting there. 1.5 kegs drinking, one wit a week from kegging, and brewing this weekend.

Friends come over (hers and mine) and if there's a beer that they like, it goes quickly. I took a keg to Memorial Day party, friends' houses, etc. so they go quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekippen View Post
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!

Old 06-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #13
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tre9er View Post
Nice pipeline, gents! Most i've had is 3 full kegs but one wasn't carbed yet. SWMBO doesn't like me brewing every week, really doesn't like the smell and the time it takes...but I'm getting there. 1.5 kegs drinking, one wit a week from kegging, and brewing this weekend.

Friends come over (hers and mine) and if there's a beer that they like, it goes quickly. I took a keg to Memorial Day party, friends' houses, etc. so they go quickly.
That's the beauty of being married to a beer geek. If I don't brew ~weekly, I usually hear about it.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-02-2012, 01:21 AM   #14
rifraf
Recipes 

Liked 195 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordeastBrewer77

That's the beauty of being married to a beer geek. If I don't brew ~weekly, I usually hear about it.
Getting to the point where my wife is requesting brews and wondering what's next and when I'm brewing...I think it's growing on her.
You have to grow old, you don't have to grow up.

Old 06-02-2012, 01:23 AM   #15
punkerdru
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by inturnldemize

Holy crap! That is....AWESOME!
+1. How long did it take to get to all that?

Old 06-02-2012, 01:58 AM   #16
tre9er
Recipes 

Quote:
she likes beer but nothing hoppy or big. Wits, blondes, etc. I try to keep something on tap that she likes. Else she may tell me to can the whole operation!

Essentially I'm the guy who likes a beer or two every night and she's the gal that likes a few every week or so.

Kudos to you, but I do love her just the same

Quote:
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!

Old 06-02-2012, 02:16 AM   #17
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkerdru View Post
+1. How long did it take to get to all that?
The oldest beer I have around is from last fall. I'm actually feeling like I'm pretty low on homebrew, I didn't brew for ~a month or so until last week.... and I should be honest, I only have one keg waiting on deck, the other one next to the fridge is my sons' root beer.
It's pretty easy to stock up though. I try to brew weekly, and my wife also brews and makes wine and between that and commercial brew, we're pretty stocked. I'm only really set up to primary two five gal batches and one 2-3 gal batch at a time. About a third of my batches are < 3 gallons, and I try to always have a small batch and at least one five gal batch going. I also like to have at least a batch aging. Look at my sigline, the two I have in secondary are both just bulk aging. And they're both small batches, < 3 gal, so it seems like a lot, but I won't be drinking on either of those until this fall or winter. One of the three I have in primary is 2.5 gal of IPA, once that's bottled and carbed, we'll kill that in a week or so. Some beers we drink fast, others may sit around awhile, like my wife's N.E. brown. I try to keep a mix of both.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-02-2012, 02:31 AM   #18
tre9er
Recipes 

Brother, lately I try to keep 2 kegs serving at all times...it's amazing how fast one can kick when you have friends over/take one to a party/make a beer that SWMBO loves. I have 4 ale pails now and intend on them always being full or damn-near.

Quote:

Old 06-02-2012, 03:14 AM   #19
Stauffbier
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1000 Times on 615 Posts
Likes Given: 2673

Quote:
The oldest beer I have around is from last fall. I'm actually feeling like I'm pretty low on homebrew, I didn't brew for ~a month or so until last week.... and I should be honest, I only have one keg waiting on deck, the other one next to the fridge is my sons' root beer.
It's pretty easy to stock up though. I try to brew weekly, and my wife also brews and makes wine and between that and commercial brew, we're pretty stocked. I'm only really set up to primary two five gal batches and one 2-3 gal batch at a time. About a third of my batches are < 3 gallons, and I try to always have a small batch and at least one five gal batch going. I also like to have at least a batch aging. Look at my sigline, the two I have in secondary are both just bulk aging. And they're both small batches, < 3 gal, so it seems like a lot, but I won't be drinking on either of those until this fall or winter. One of the three I have in primary is 2.5 gal of IPA, once that's bottled and carbed, we'll kill that in a week or so. Some beers we drink fast, others may sit around awhile, like my wife's N.E. brown. I try to keep a mix of both.
I feel your pain! I hadn't brewed for 6 weeks up until last Memorial weekend. I was having issues keeping my swamp coolers cool enough. I got a huge ice chest that is now maintaining temps very good, and it holds 2 fermenters. So I brewed a party-gyle last weekend so I could get 10 gallons in there. I also have some saison yeast on the way, so I can get another batch going without a swamp cooler.

As far as the OP's question goes, my hoppy beers seem to fade at about 8-10 weeks...

Old 06-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #20
tre9er
Recipes 

I have three full fermenters as of yesterday.

Balance has been restored to the force.

Quote:

Quick Reply