The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > How to get og,fg from custom recipe?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2009, 01:10 PM   #1
ecto311
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default How to get og,fg from custom recipe?

I am going to be making another batch tonight and I was wondering how to figure out the gravity readings with no set rules to go by?

I went to my local brew shop and they gave me 7lbs of malt, peach extract, hops, priming sugar, and yeast. I did download beersmith but do not see where to input my specific ingredients to get any results from the program.

Thanks for any help.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2009, 01:51 PM   #2
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4196 Times on 3055 Posts
Likes Given: 778

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecto311 View Post
I am going to be making another batch tonight and I was wondering how to figure out the gravity readings with no set rules to go by?

I went to my local brew shop and they gave me 7lbs of malt, peach extract, hops, priming sugar, and yeast. I did download beersmith but do not see where to input my specific ingredients to get any results from the program.

Thanks for any help.
If you use beersmith, and you put in the 7 pounds of extract and click "extract brew", you'll get a pretty good projected OG for your batch size.
ecto311 Likes This 
Old 08-03-2009, 07:04 PM   #3
kinkothecarp
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

google beer calculus =)

Old 08-03-2009, 08:02 PM   #4
ecto311
Recipes 

Man you learn a lot from a tiny bit of information. I found the receipt from the stuff I got and found out (by reading the help file) how to enter it into beer smith. This program is great. Thanks for the info. I was thinking that this program would do it but after poking around I couldn't find it. Too bad they don't have an iphone app for when I go to the supply shop.

Quick Reply