New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > how do you people stockpile??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2011, 11:38 PM   #61
warex
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have been averaging $30 for a five gallon batch.

But now I bought a bag of 2 row in a group buy. I am planning my brews so I can reuse the yeast at least three times and buying my most common hops by the pound. That will cut the cost in half.

Bottles are easy. Ask people who buy craft beer to give them to you.

Savings a lot. My buddy goes to a local brewery and pays $5.00 a pint, growlers go from $12 to $20. So he pays at least $120 for my $30 of beer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2011, 11:42 PM   #62
Begin2Brew
Searching for the perfect beer one at a time
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 59 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Honestly I have fought this in the beginning as well. I would brew a batch baby it until it was ready then start drinking it. Add a wife and a few buddies and next thing you know you have an empty pipeline.

What I do now is have three beers in a constant state, kinda like a kanban. I have one of each in the keezer serving, one in reserve aging, one in the fermentor and one batch of grain. So I basically have a just in time inventory process that continues to feed the pipeline. I do two lagers and one pale ale, and the timing works pretty well so far.

You do need to set a schedule and get things going and then let the consumption dictate the schedule.

Bill

Ruffled Feathers Brewery

Old 11-08-2011, 11:51 PM   #63
lou2row
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 24

If you can't afford to set up a pipeline, you either need to drink less, or can't afford to drink. Sorry, but dat da facts.

Quick Reply