Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > How to check yeast starter activity

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #1
khreed
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default How to check yeast starter activity

Hi guys,

I'm trying to reuse my yeast from a previous batch. I washed it, stored it for a week in the refrigerator, made a starter as explained on many website, pitch my washed yeast into it.

For the details, it is in a 500 ml glass vial with a soft plastic cap that allow CO2 to get out a little.

BUT ... yes but how can i see if my yeast is active ? what are the signe ine the vial that let me know that I will be able to use it in my next batch tomorow ?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
5oBrewing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Are you using a stirplate or intermittent shaking? It should be evolving off CO2 which with shaking you'll see happen as foaming. I just recently started using a stirplate, and i dont get the foaming action, but it does create a little mini-krausen around the edges.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply