Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Hop seeds viable?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2011, 12:00 AM   #11
profallout
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazedandconfused View Post
I remember reading somewhere that you have to refridgerate these seeds in moist environment or something to that effect, i dont remember but will read up on it. If anybody has any info id sure appreciate it.
Here's a post I made last year:

"I planted around 100 seeds just for an experiment in late April. I had read about the fridge method to, however my results were completely opposite of what should have happened.

I did 5 different stages with 20 seeds each. All of them had a 24 hour soak in water in the fridge. I planted 20 with no more time in the fridge, 20 with 1 week, 20 with 2 weeks and so on. The seeds with only the soak and 1 week had 75% germination while the others had a obviously declining germination rate. If I remember correctly the 4 week soaked seeds only had 2 that were good.

I would suggest doing something like this with a lot of seeds. They're far from expensive. Just make sure you kill the male plants so they don't knock up any of the females that someone around you might have."

I didn't keep any of them. I had to move and hops that were almost certainly junk were the least of my worries.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply