Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Hop Harvest

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2011, 07:49 PM   #1
temptnmonkey
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Hop Harvest

Since I'm new to brewing, this is my first time dealing with the joy and exhilaration of a hop harvest, which is either ongoing or soon approaching.

I apologize if it's improper etiquette to inquire or if it is some major trade-secret lol: Anyway, MY QUESTION is what time of the year/where is the earliest/best time to buy the newest harvest of hops? I particularly wanted Simcoe (who doesn't), but I also wanted to stock up on others as well.

Thanks in advance! Cheers.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #2
BBL_Brewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 425 Times on 295 Posts
Likes Given: 321

There are some farms out there that sell to the public. Just do a search on the net. I think "Fresh Hops" is one of them. You can call them before you order and ask when this years harvest will be available. I've done that before when I didn't have enough homegrown to last me a full year.

Never Ending Liquid Yeast - How to Farm Yeast and Freeze it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply