Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Homemade kegerator problem freezing beer any help?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #11
OHIOSTEVE
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 26

in a fridge would he really need a temp control? i use a freezer so I do not know.

BALDGUT BREWS

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2012, 05:59 PM   #12
FuzzeWuzze
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 206 Times on 161 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSTEVE View Post
in a fridge would he really need a temp control? i use a freezer so I do not know.
I dont know if its a fridge/freezer combo and he just took out the freezer trays? If it is, i would assume its possible for it to output colder than freezing temp air, but like you i use a freezer so i dont know.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:42 PM   #13
accordpower99
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzeWuzze View Post
are you just setting the fridge to a setting with its thermostat then reading the analog thermometer there on the back wall? That will 100% cause what OHIOSTEVE mentioned, your fridge is way overshooting temperature.
Yes this is how i am checking the temp.

Maestro brew kit with homemade kegerator. On tap: "Busted Knuckle Brew"

Old 10-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #14
accordpower99
Recipes 

the fridge is a freezer tray and fridge combo. the freezer tray is bent to the back of the fridge. the temp controller is mounted to the top and has a max setting of 7. Thanks for everyones time, I hope we can fix the issue my beer froze twice...

Old 10-12-2012, 07:41 PM   #15
FuzzeWuzze
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 206 Times on 161 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by accordpower99 View Post
the fridge is a freezer tray and fridge combo. the freezer tray is bent to the back of the fridge. the temp controller is mounted to the top and has a max setting of 7. Thanks for everyones time, I hope we can fix the issue my beer froze twice...
Try the warmest setting on the fridge and see if it works, if it still freezes you need to get a external temperature controller to turn on and off the fridge at the power source. I am going to guess that the freezer coil isnt temperature controlled, but set to a constant 30-32 degree's...and that the thermostat is only controlling the fridge coil...could be wrong, regardless its your freezer coil thats causing it to get too cold. But if im right the only way to fix it is an external temp controller to shut everything off...the STC-1000's are only like $45-50 bucks in parts, or just get a prebuilt Johnson for slightly more.

View Current Brew via my BrewPi setup!

Old 10-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #16
accordpower99
Recipes 

ahhh I see, yeah my fridge runs constantly now which i dont believe is usual. However when I 1st had the fridge the temp probe was on the freezer tray, well the freezer tray would form ice on the temp probe and then it would cut off the fridge causing the temp setting to be around 5 or 6(and the coors light mountains not blue) just to keep a constant cold temp. From being unplugged and turning on the freezer tray is the first to get cold and icy. Hope this helps some more.

Quick Reply