Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Homebrewers Outpost Kits

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2011, 11:06 AM   #1
Conan4480
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Homebrewers Outpost Kits

Has anyone had any experience with any of the Homebrewers Outpost kits? I just bottled this kit and it tastes pretty good. A little time in the bottle and it should be better.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2011, 03:18 PM   #2
schmaltzy
Recipes 

I made 2 kits from them last year. Both turned out really good. If I remember right, they give you not only the Muslin bags for the grains, but also for the hops which I really liked. I know some guys just let their hops free float during the boil, but I like to put them in the bags.

They don't have the selection that someone like Austin Homebrew Supply does, but they are still good kits.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
mtbiker278
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I started brewing with their kits. It's nice that they include everything in one package. The beers turned out ok, but not exactly what I expected. However they were my first two batches so I'm sure there were things I could have done differently.

Overall I had good experiences with their kits.

Prepare for Ludicrous Speed! Keezer Build

Old 01-26-2011, 03:41 PM   #4
schmaltzy
Recipes 

I have brewed a couple Homebrewers Outpost kit, 1 Norther Brewer kit, and 2 Brewers Best kits. I have a kit on the way from Austin Home Brew. IMHO, especially if you are doing extract kits, there really isn't much of a difference. This place may give you a couple more things than the other, or the other may have better instructions than this or that. I think most of these suppliers provide pretty fresh ingriedents, they just have minor differences that I don't think would actually affect the taste between beers.

Quick Reply