Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Home brew review channel.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2013, 08:48 AM   #41
TheChamber2113
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Why no videos yet? I was looking forward to this!

Bottled: Nehydrobrew IPA
In Primary: Centennial Blonde Ale
In Primary: Requiem Raspberry

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #42
jonnyp1980
Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 2

It's funny you mentioned...I have never made a video before and we made one. But I can't get it off my cd from the camcorder. Then to YouTube. So it's been a process. It's still happening lol. I swear it. I'm using my wife's T3i camera middle this week. And that's straight digital so. It's a Belgian porter review and some good tips. I will update on how the re shooting goes.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HomebrewersReview?feature=watch

Old 06-09-2013, 04:51 AM   #43
TheChamber2113
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 10

OK cool, keep us updated!

Bottled: Nehydrobrew IPA
In Primary: Centennial Blonde Ale
In Primary: Requiem Raspberry

Old 06-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #44
jonnyp1980
Recipes 

Holy crap man. Ill never make fun of people's crappy YouTube videos again. After a long process and using finally my lady's cannon camera to record. I realized I had no skills in talking about stuff lol Everytime I opened my mouth I forgot what to say. Sigh. Anyhoo. I have finally created something resembling a video lol jokes aside I am posting it tonight. Should I post it to this thread or make a separate one.?

Old 06-23-2013, 06:48 PM   #45
jonnyp1980
Recipes 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=Aoh5DC_ZPe4

It finally up now. Don't be to critical as we will get better in the video making process. Share and spread it around. Thanks for the support.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:04 PM   #46
gnarlyhopper
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Hi!

Keep it up, it looks OK from here, sure, with about $100,000 worth of equipment you could really put the sparkle on it....but this looked like a couple of homebrewers reviewing a beer...exactly what we need. Just reading comments on a forum aren't comparable to the look on someones face when they get a first taste...

Looking forward to more.

-gnarlyhopper

Old 06-24-2013, 01:30 AM   #47
jonnyp1980
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlyhopper
Hi!

Keep it up, it looks OK from here, sure, with about $100,000 worth of equipment you could really put the sparkle on it....but this looked like a couple of homebrewers reviewing a beer...exactly what we need. Just reading comments on a forum aren't comparable to the look on someones face when they get a first taste...

Looking forward to more.

-gnarlyhopper
Thanks man we really needed to hear that and I'm glad you liked the video or the direction we are going with it.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:58 PM   #48
TheMerkle
Recipes 

Likes Given: 4

Perhaps the best idea here is to assemble a board of three or four of us whom are Cicerone certified to judge the beers and collaborate on a single review to be recorded and posted to YouTube. I'd be interested in participating.

Choclate Cherry stout
Upcoming:
Belgian Strong Dark
Two Hearted Clone [belgian twist]

Old 06-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #49
jonnyp1980
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerkle
Perhaps the best idea here is to assemble a board of three or four of us whom are Cicerone certified to judge the beers and collaborate on a single review to be recorded and posted to YouTube. I'd be interested in participating.
Thanks for the idea I don't know anyone that's certified but I do know master brewers so perhaps I can get guests to appear once I get established. But the idea is for now that we would try to honor and come close to a pro review as possible ie using a beer sheet and give constructive criticism as needed. But it's a place to have fun share topics helpful tips and most important see the beer out thoughts and to share the recipe. Thanks for the interest man I really appreciate it. If you'd like to participate you can shoot an email listed on the video and we can go over the details. There are so many new brewers who need validation on here or have many questions or want to show off their recipe. I think this may be a good outlet for that..if it fails then we we tried. But we have a bunch of videos to make to my surprise we have two people already who are going to send in.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #50
mattd2
Recipes 

Liked 245 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyp1980 View Post
...But the idea is for now that we would try to honor and come close to a pro review as possible ie using a beer sheet and give constructive criticism as needed. But it's a place to have fun share topics helpful tips and most important see the beer out thoughts and to share the recipe...
Firstly I haven't watch the video yet...
If you are going to get technical and use a BJCP scoresheet to evaluate the beer maybe think about getting 2 bottles sent - Review the first bottle "live" on video with your intial impression, then a few days later try the beer sitting down with the scoresheet to really analyse it. I would do this bcause for me the most enjoyable part of a beer review video is the initial impression (you can see it on your face).
Cheers

Quick Reply