Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Home brew review channel.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2013, 05:06 PM   #31
bumstigedy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

You should also create some kind of a "scoresheet" to document your review and post it on HBT. Doesn't necessarily have I have a score, but would address all the things covered Ina BJCP scoresheet. That way we could all comment on potential ways to improve the beer.

You could also try to get some sponsors to donate some items for prizes to encourage people to send in samples. Maybe all who send you a sample in a given month could be entered on a drawing for the prize.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:37 PM   #32
thejudge
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumstigedy
you should also create some kind of a "scoresheet" to document your review and post it on hbt. Doesn't necessarily have i have a score, but would address all the things covered ina bjcp scoresheet. That way we could all comment on potential ways to improve the beer.

You could also try to get some sponsors to donate some items for prizes to encourage people to send in samples. Maybe all who send you a sample in a given month could be entered on a drawing for the prize.
+1

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #33
Johnnyhamer
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Perhaps try to guess the hops and malt before reading them. Might help you "sharpen" your taste buds.

Drinking: Beer

Old 05-21-2013, 07:47 PM   #34
jonnyp1980
Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBrew
So if you to send him some beer that's great, I hope he reviews you favorably, but to be clear HBT has nothing to do with it, so if you don't get a review I'm sorry but there's nothing I can do.

Just a quick disclaimer.
Is ok to give a shout out to your site? I have no sponsors not really thinking like that at this point in time. I have a few local homebrew stores I want to give shout outs to too. Perhaps they'd donate some prizes. Thanks for posting and clarifying your position. was going to contact you before I posted the first video.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HomebrewersReview?feature=watch

Old 05-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #35
jonnyp1980
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumstigedy
You should also create some kind of a "scoresheet" to document your review and post it on HBT. Doesn't necessarily have I have a score, but would address all the things covered Ina BJCP scoresheet. That way we could all comment on potential ways to improve the beer.

I like the idea of score sheets I will use them. Also I have a few local homebrew store I can ask for donations for beer of the month or best clone. Thanks for the help

Old 05-21-2013, 07:52 PM   #36
jonnyp1980
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyhamer
Perhaps try to guess the hops and malt before reading them. Might help you "sharpen" your taste buds.
I am always learning. I will definitely be going over all aspects of the beer. The pour, clarity smell. Ect... Thanks for the input.

Old 05-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #37
TxBrew
Der Administrator
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 1691 Times on 561 Posts
Likes Given: 845

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyp1980 View Post
Is ok to give a shout out to your site? I have no sponsors not really thinking like that at this point in time. I have a few local homebrew stores I want to give shout outs to too. Perhaps they'd donate some prizes. Thanks for posting and clarifying your position. was going to contact you before I posted the first video.
That's fine. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

My Instagram

Old 05-22-2013, 03:08 PM   #38
jonnyp1980
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBrew

That's fine. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
I most definitely will thank you.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #39
jonnyp1980
Recipes 

Ok so it took a bit but I put together a YouTube Chanel the name was tricky but I went with homebrewersreview. The email for the youtube page was taken so I had to use jonnyp620@gmail.com. Nothing is on it yet, my friend comes back from military training tomorrow. I'm fine tuning the pictures and whatnot on the page but feel free to subscribe early or if you want us to review your beer in the future shoot an email..but for now stay tuned for our first review. Thanks again for the support.

Ostomo517 Likes This 
Old 05-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #40
jonnyp1980
Recipes 

Review day is set for this Friday. So it should be up fri night or sun the latest look for it on
http://m.youtube.com/user/HomebrewersReview

Again thanks for all the messages we will try to put together a great channel for you all.

jonnyp1980.

Quick Reply