Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Home brew review channel.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2013, 01:49 AM   #21
Dave1096
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 126 Times on 86 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyp1980 View Post
I totally agree and I can watch those videos till sun down ( that sounded dorkish ) I still do watch them. Even though ill probably never try pliny the elder but again its one beer to ship and have their beer shown on here. I also wanted the recipe so I can show it in the description so if myself or my brewing friend or friends find it to be a must brew you can. I really want to put out I don't want people to get the idea that I'm just snoozing for beer. I make a ton of it so do my friends. I'm surrounded by good breweries. I don't need people's beer to just have them. It's for everyone plus I want to do something fun and make videos for this site that has help me and many others.
Posting the recipe with the video makes alot of sense. I like the idea...good luck with it.

BTW Pliny the Elder is a good beer for sure but nothing mind blowing. It was a IIPA pioneer and way ahead of its time when it first came out, but the craft beer scene has caught up with it. Don't lose any sleep over not having access to it...there's just as good or better IPAs available in just about every market.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2013, 08:55 PM   #22
jonnyp1980
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1096

Posting the recipe with the video makes alot of sense. I like the idea...good luck with it.

BTW Pliny the Elder is a good beer for sure but nothing mind blowing. It was a IIPA pioneer and way ahead of its time when it first came out, but the craft beer scene has caught up with it. Don't lose any sleep over not having access to it...there's just as good or better IPAs available in just about every market.
Ya right on.
I'm sure Pliny is not as good as all the hype but its a beer cannot get so its more the allure. Zombie dust I lusted for many months and before eBay shut the whole alcohol thing down I snagged a six pack. Well worth it. Damn good beer.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Homebrew...?feature=watch

Old 05-08-2013, 12:02 AM   #23
imbibehour
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Sounds like you might be on to something, I will have to tell you though putting your critical comments out there, you better not have a thin skin.

Someone asked me if I would review homebrews from others on my channel, and I am not so sure I would do it.

There are a lot of people reviewing drink online on YTube (such as our hero here..)

try to think of an angle or something that nobody else is doing, maybe homebrews is it??? best of luck.

BA User: smakawhat profile/reviews.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:12 AM   #24
jonnyp1980
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbibehour
Sounds like you might be on to something, I will have to tell you though putting your critical comments out there, you better not have a thin skin.

Someone asked me if I would review homebrews from others on my channel, and I am not so sure I would do it.

There are a lot of people reviewing drink online on YTube (such as our hero here..)

try to think of an angle or something that nobody else is doing, maybe homebrews is it??? best of luck.
That was me man! I asked lol. Ya I visit this site so much. All the recipes all the new brewers on here I though man wouldn't it be cool to have someone that just critiqued homebrew from people on here. From a home brew beer lovers angle. Share the recipe give it the thumbs up or perhaps ways to improve it. Give tips on my mistakes others have made. More so myself. I Like your channel by the way. But I think it will be good. My friend just said he's in so ya. Stoked. Thanks again for the positive feedback on this

Old 05-19-2013, 09:45 PM   #25
jonnyp1980
Recipes 

My friend that's doing the review with me gets back from his monthly military training next week. Was waiting for him but we should have our first review next week or so. We will be reviewing our beers to get it started. We have not tried each others yet so it should be good. Just an update incase anyone was wondering. Thanks again for the messages.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:53 PM   #26
Johnnyhamer
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Messaged you. Also ask people to include the recipe when sending beer.

Drinking: Beer

Old 05-20-2013, 02:31 AM   #27
jonnyp1980
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyhamer
Messaged you. Also ask people to include the recipe when sending beer.
Absolutely. Recipes will be required along with a little bio, problems during brewing or things they felt went well in brewing the beer. Thanks for the input.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:37 AM   #28
seigex
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Sounds like a scam to get a bunch of free beer... can't say I blame you though ... nice try

That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves. — Thomas Jefferson

On Deck: Summer Hefeweizen - own recipe
Primary #1: Hoppy American Amber
Primary #2:
on tap #1: Edwort's Apfelwein (aged 1 year)
on tap #2: none

People Like This 
Old 05-20-2013, 03:46 PM   #29
jonnyp1980
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by seigex
Sounds like a scam to get a bunch of free beer... can't say I blame you though ... nice try
Not a scam although I don't blame the raised eyebrow. Like I said before we will review our beers first. Tell everyone about us. Our experience brewing the beer our mistakes in making it or advice to tweak it. Post the recipe. Perhaps a lesson of the day. We will pick from emails to do a review on one beer a week or one beer every two? That way we don't have a bunch of beers sent in just sitting around getting old.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:17 PM   #30
TxBrew
Der Administrator
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 1850 Times on 609 Posts
Likes Given: 888

So if you to send him some beer that's great, I hope he reviews you favorably, but to be clear HBT has nothing to do with it, so if you don't get a review I'm sorry but there's nothing I can do.

Just a quick disclaimer.

My Instagram

Quick Reply