The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Home brew review channel.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2013, 09:46 PM   #11
jonnyp1980
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejudge

Not even sure he is a member of our site(could possibly be just never heard him say so) but he is very informative. Learned a lot from his videos.
Awesome. Looking him up now.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Homebrew...?feature=watch

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2013, 10:00 PM   #12
jonnyp1980
Recipes 

Ok so here's the idea. For the people that are interested you can email me or message me. But the idea is you send in one beer. Ill even send the shipping charge back for for the first 5 who want to do this. I receive beer and I will review it with a surprise guest. Another "random guy"who loves hombrew and brews beer themselves. This is for fun and to do something different. I will post the channel once its created under the actual YouTube name so people can subscribe on here I will only do hombrew reviews on this website alone. After a few reviews perhaps more people will join in. Also. In return ill send you a hombrew from my stash. My email is jonnyp1980@yahoo.com

Old 05-05-2013, 10:14 PM   #13
jonnyp1980
Recipes 

@ the judge. Oh ya I've seen a lot of his videos actually I've used some of his techniques to help me starting out. Never subscribed to him but I did now.

Old 05-06-2013, 04:37 PM   #14
jonnyp1980
Recipes 

Thanks for all the PMs. I gathered from the collective and I guess what i will fdo is ill create the channel and start doing reviews on mine and my friends home brews. Start small and see if I can get a a little following. From there if people like and want to see their beer reviewed and shown to the people on this website they can send in one beer from their batch. Anyhoo thanks for the replies and I'll put it up when it's ready. Cheers.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #15
thejudge
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Defiantly let us know, I'd be glad to send a fellow HB some of my beer to critique( that's if my friends don't keep drinking it all lol)

Old 05-06-2013, 11:18 PM   #16
jonnyp1980
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejudge
Defiantly let us know, I'd be glad to send a fellow HB some of my beer to critique( that's if my friends don't keep drinking it all lol)
Awesome. Ya I think we can get it up this week and do a review on one of our own in two weeks time. First video should be fun. Ill leave info at the end of the video for those who want to send in. Thanks for the positive input.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:28 PM   #17
mattd2
Recipes 

Liked 233 Times on 190 Posts
Likes Given: 41

I see what you are doing... getting us to send our preciuos homebrew for you to drink free
Seriously I think some people will do it, as you said start the channel and review some local homebrewers beer. The more folloowing you get the more chance you will get others to send in. Don't be put off be anyone whos say they would never send you beer as there is likely people that also like sharing there beer with anyone that is willing. Check out some of the homebrew Wednesday videos (not fully up on it but seems like a youtube thing where a whole lot of homebrewers post brewing videos on Wednesday each week).
Good luck!

Old 05-07-2013, 12:04 AM   #18
jonnyp1980
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattd2
I see what you are doing... getting us to send our preciuos homebrew for you to drink free
Seriously I think some people will do it, as you said start the channel and review some local homebrewers beer. The more folloowing you get the more chance you will get others to send in. Don't be put off be anyone whos say they would never send you beer as there is likely people that also like sharing there beer with anyone that is willing. Check out some of the homebrew Wednesday videos (not fully up on it but seems like a youtube thing where a whole lot of homebrewers post brewing videos on Wednesday each week).
Good luck!
Thanks man that's great. I will def check out the homebrew Wednesday stuff. I was thinking that when someone sends in a beer from a batch that it would have a little bio about the person, the process that beer had to go through to get to its finished product. I was thinking some helpful hints to intro to brewing and mistakes we have all made. I think it will be fun and it will be for people on this website. Can't use the name HBT I'm sure. But ill try to come up with something. Again thank you for positive feedback..

Old 05-07-2013, 12:15 AM   #19
Dave1096
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 117 Times on 85 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I like the youtube beer reviews that the Beer Geek Nation guys do...especially Stumpy Joe Jr out in San Diego...but the reason I like those reviews is because they are reviewing commercial beers that I can try myself. It could be a good idea if you find enough people willing to go through the trouble and willing to pay the expensive shipping costs, but I'm personally not interested in watching a channel where a guy reviews another guy's homebrew that I will never get to try. As far as getting an outside opinion on my homebrew...I have plenty of friends who are homebrewers and beer nerds to never have to worry about that. Good luck, though...can't blame you for wanting to set something up where people send you beer for free.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:22 AM   #20
jonnyp1980
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1096
I like the youtube beer reviews that the Beer Geek Nation guys do...especially Stumpy Joe Jr out in San Diego...but the reason I like those reviews is because they are reviewing commercial beers that I can try myself. It's a good idea if you find enough people willing to go through the trouble and willing to pay the expensive shipping costs, but I wouldn't really be interested in watching a channel where a guy reviews another guy's homebrew that I will never get to taste. As far as getting an outside opinion on my homebrew...I have plenty of friends who are homebrewers and beer nerds to never have to worry about that. Good luck, though...can't blame you for wanting to set something up where people send you beer for free.
I totally agree and I can watch those videos till sun down ( that sounded dorkish ) I still do watch them. Even though ill probably never try pliny the elder but again its one beer to ship and have their beer shown on here. I also wanted the recipe so I can show it in the description so if myself or my brewing friend or friends find it to be a must brew you can. I really want to put out I don't want people to get the idea that I'm just snoozing for beer. I make a ton of it so do my friends. I'm surrounded by good breweries. I don't need people's beer to just have them. It's for everyone plus I want to do something fun and make videos for this site that has help me and many others.

Quick Reply