Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Home brew review channel.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #1
jonnyp1980
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Home brew review channel.

Looking to get some input on an idea. Was thinking about starting a home brew channel on YouTube just on reviews of other people's homebrew on this site. Basically people submit a beer with there screen name and other Info little bio perhaps and I review the beer. I really like this idea because there are so many talented people on here. People that submit recipies will actually get to see a review before they decide to brew it. Ideas? Thoughts. Starting it up this week or so..

http://www.youtube.com/user/HomebrewersReview?feature=watch
justkev52 Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #2
jonnyp1980
Recipes 

Also. I type from my phone so please excuse the horrible auto correct and bad spelling. Thanks for any input or support

Old 05-05-2013, 09:18 PM   #3
butterpants
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 92 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 29

I think it is an excellent idea.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:20 PM   #4
CastleHollow
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 97 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 54

So, is the idea that we send our beers to some random guy on the internet (you,) and then this random guy renders his opinion of our beer and posts it as a source of truth? Is that about the gist of it?

Do you have some kind of BJCP certification, or Cicerone credential? That might help lend credibility to what you are trying to do.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #5
mvcorliss
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 12

The Brewing Network just started a show with the same premise. Except that their " Random Guys on the Internet" are all BJCP judges. I like that idea better.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:33 PM   #6
jonnyp1980
Recipes 

No certs. And yes a random guy that loves hombrew. Just an idea for people's beer on here to be seen. If people don't like it I won't do it that's cool just haven't seen anything on here about it.

amandabab Likes This 
Old 05-05-2013, 09:39 PM   #7
thejudge
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Sounds great, there is another guy on YouTube that does the same, reviews, recipes, explanations equipments etc. real informative. His name is Craigtube, he has over 22k subscribers.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #8
jonnyp1980
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejudge
Sounds great, there is another guy on YouTube that does the same, reviews, recipes, explanations equipments etc. real informative. His name is Craigtube, he has over 22k subscribers.
Does he do reviews from people on this website.? Was going for strictly on here. Ill check him out thank you

Old 05-05-2013, 09:43 PM   #9
thejudge
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyp1980

Does he do reviews from people on this website.? Was going for strictly on here. Ill check him out thank you
Not even sure he is a member of our site(could possibly be just never heard him say so) but he is very informative. Learned a lot from his videos.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:46 PM   #10
jonnyp1980
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvcorliss
The Brewing Network just started a show with the same premise. Except that their " Random Guys on the Internet" are all BJCP judges. I like that idea better.
Ya I'm not a BJCP and I agree it would be enticing to people if I was. Not really my angle on it. Like I said its just a vein for people that are curious about recipes and how other home brewer beers come out. If someone on here is better qualified then that would be great and I'd like to participate. Just think if this site had its own channel for people to go to and see a review that would be awesome. If people like I can post a bio about myself

Quick Reply