Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Hoegaarden Recipe Advise

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2013, 12:38 AM   #1
TheChris82
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Hoegaarden Recipe Advise

So i want to make a hoegaarden since i dont want to pay $50 a case here. I found an easy recipe but had a question about it. Here is the link to the recipe http://www.ibrew.com.sg/Hoegaarden%20Recipe.asp
Now it says to add carbonation drops can i instead just use a sugar mixture before bottling.
Also it says to remove the bags from the boil now do you put the hops and orange peel into a bag and then remove it or leave something in? Be advised im a big noob but have been reading lots. With a ton of info out there it gets quite overwhelming. Ive only done one beer brew and its actually only half ready to be bottled but want to try my hand at something else.
Ive been making wine for years but now its time to try my hand at the brew.

Thanks in advance

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2013, 02:21 AM   #2
CCericola
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Re: the carbonation drops, you're fine to use sugar. Carbonation drops are used because they're simple - X drops per bottle. You can certainly measure out sugar per bottle or you could rack into another container onto the sugar.

Re: the bag, As I read it, you're going to put a bag in for the boil with coriander seed, orange peel, and saaz hops. Once you stop the boil, pull that bag out. That will remove the all three of them. Nothing should be remain in the beer (though it's possible pieces makes it through the bag)

Hope that helps!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply