Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > High ABV recipe for Jungle Juice mix? Frat problems!
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2012, 05:55 PM   #21
IXVolt
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 78 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Anything that high in ABV will need more time than you want to wait. It will taste like rocket fuel without aging.

Look up fractional freezing and go join a distilling forum.

Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #22
GASoline71
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 70 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 40

Gary

"Brewed Fresh from the North End of Puget Sound"

Old 12-14-2012, 07:22 PM   #23
NikolaiKozlov
Recipes 

I'm not trying to make moonshine. Especially since I want to serve it to party guests. I've seen that game played, it doesn't work out.

Also, you guys are either being ignorant or putting off some serious jealousy here.

I've never done anything you're insinuating. We take care of our party guests, we want them to have good drinks and a good time. Girls like us for that. You think they'd come back to our house if their friend (or any girl) got assaulted by one of the brothers. NO.

I want to get into brewing. Is this not the place for that?

Old 12-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #24
NikolaiKozlov
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Nyholm View Post

Would be neat to go to a party and have lemon, lemon lime, cherry, and other flavors all to choose from. Great thing is it costs about $15 to make 5 gallons and would be cheaper if you bought 50lb sacks of sugar.
Why have them seperate when all those things go together. Ever had Cherry Limeade??? It's bottled by pepsi I think. (Light Bulb: I could probably get that in a concentrate syrup too... interesting.)

equal parts that and vodka, and a good dash of sprite is great and I've made it a few times. That skeeter pee would probably mix great with some Cherry Limeade concentrate and sprite. I really would like the finished mixed drink at close to 10% ABV though. splurge on a bottle limoncello and add it to the whole mix maybe. That'd bring it back up with zero sacrifice to taste.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:37 PM   #25
Calichusetts
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 283 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 762

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikolaiKozlov View Post
I'm not trying to make moonshine. Especially since I want to serve it to party guests. I've seen that game played, it doesn't work out.

Also, you guys are either being ignorant or putting off some serious jealousy here.

I've never done anything you're insinuating. We take care of our party guests, we want them to have good drinks and a good time. Girls like us for that. You think they'd come back to our house if their friend (or any girl) got assaulted by one of the brothers. NO.

I want to get into brewing. Is this not the place for that?
I understand that you are getting a lot of heat for this thread. Its a shame, I try not to turn off any new brewers. But you have to understand that your post and question is rather...questionable.

Why can't you brew low abv beer for people? if your mixing it with juice or soda, how cares...make a shandy or something. Make a wheat beer with any fruit then add sprite. The fact that your trying to make a 15% or more brew for parties is a little much. There is simply no need. Just brew 10 gallons of week of whatever and mix in some juice, you'll get more than 100 beers.

Brewing over 10% for parties is just irresponsible. I understand that college is about being drunk...but you don't need to blackout or pass out, certainly not in the first hour. Just remember, unlike buying kegs and having the frat take responsibility, when you brew it, you will be personally responsible for what happens to these people if something goes wrong.

Finally, people have posted the closest recipes they can find...and you will probably be better off finding a distilling forum.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:57 PM   #26
temple240
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 79 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I'm not usually one to get involved in the "selling homebrew" argument but i would have to say that you are at a greater risk of getting caught doing it than anyone who has posted about it in the past. Universities are always watching for alcohol abuse and you aren't just providing it but you're making it too. You could be in a major legal mess if someone gets alcohol poisoning from your 15% homebrew or gets into some sort of accident while intoxicated.

I'm glad you like to brew and I don't want to be preachy but homebrewing for college parties is remarkably irresponsible.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:03 PM   #27
beerman0001
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 2

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/dfh-...-clone-259314/
It will be done in 3 weeks. Taste allot better a year later.
Fermenting:Apfelwein
On Deck:
Hiding in dark corner: Lambic, Flanders red, Oud Bruin, DFH 120(in bottles)

Old 12-14-2012, 08:05 PM   #28
Wakadaka
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 17

that picture is exactly what i was picturing this whole thread, except a little bit more jersey mixed in.

and i love how every frat bro makes the argument "we aren't like other frats, we are the cool frat. we don't do that other ****".

and i don't feel bad not helping you. nothing you have said points to any interest in the craft of brewing. everything you have said points to trying to get cheap alcohol to be used for potentially illegal reasons (said you were going to be making money, brewing over 100 gallons a year, potentially minors drinking it (never mentioned it, but its going to happen at parties)).

if your local stores have a mark up, it will still be quicker to drive farther away for cheap alcohol as opposed to waiting to make cheap alcohol

Old 12-14-2012, 08:11 PM   #29
JordanThomas
Recipes 

Liked 83 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikolaiKozlov View Post
Sorry, but the motives behind my posts here are going to be about making party drink to get girls, make money, and make the frat look good.
Sorry if you think that you are getting harsh responses, but all it took was for me to read this. You need a party drink to "get girls" (lol?), "make money" (illegal), and "make the frat look good" (implying that it isn't inherently good, again, lol?)

And the you made womanizing comments like, "it better be sweet so girls will drink it!"

You aren't going to get anywhere with that kind of trolling.

If you aren't trolling, your post would have been better suited by just asking for a high gravity recipe that is sweet. The rest was just superfluous fluff.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:31 PM   #30
pwkblue
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default caution

I would suggest you use caution with your posting...and talking about your brewing.
We all enjoy a rather loose exemption from federal law and taxation. Clearly many people brew more than 200 gallons per year...but that is the legal annual maximum per home with 2 or more legal drinking age residents. This is not really enforced...but I would still suggest it isn;t wise for ANYONE to write about exceeding the limit.

Second, be very careful about compensation. If there is a door charge for a party, and you serve homebrew...you cross the line to "selling". This area IS enforced. The fines and penalties can get large very quickly.

Your goal is to eventually have a career, or business in the business...be careful...you don't want convictions getting in the way.

My advice: make plenty of homebrew, and enjoy with your Fraternity brothers...BUT don't serve it at parties....especially if there is a door charge. It isn't worth the risk just to save everyone a few $$

Closed Thread

Quick Reply