Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Hi. New to brewing, new here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2005, 01:03 AM   #11
Cheesefood
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORRELSE
I'd let it go another week. Judging by the fact that its bubbling again--you stirred up some yeast and woke them up. Let it go (better yet rack it to a secondary for a week or 2, THEN bottle it).

Any particular reason why you are priming with DME AND honey? Just curious....Watch closely how much you put in that--potential bottle bombs.

Sorry..bought the DME and Honey for my next batch. I'm just going with DME to prime this batch. I thought about using honey, but popular opinion seems to be that DME is the way. Looks like it's going to be another week before I make batch 3. Damn...I was hoping to get this one in the bottle and in my belly ASAP. Especially now that I've tasted it. I might need one more reading before I put it back in the basement.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2005, 01:35 AM   #12
Dude
Will work for beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesefood
Sorry..bought the DME and Honey for my next batch. I'm just going with DME to prime this batch. I thought about using honey, but popular opinion seems to be that DME is the way. Looks like it's going to be another week before I make batch 3. Damn...I was hoping to get this one in the bottle and in my belly ASAP. Especially now that I've tasted it. I might need one more reading before I put it back in the basement.
Sounds like you are in a hurry to taste it!
More food for thought--priming with DME will take a while longer than priming with just corn sugar. I don't think there is much difference in the 2 other than time.
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply