Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > HELP!!! Overheated fermenter bucket

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2011, 04:22 PM   #1
Neddy84
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default HELP!!! Overheated fermenter bucket

Hi all,

Ok, feel free to point and laugh at this...

Just put a new brew on last night. It's only a kit as I'm quite new to this. But is Coopers Dark + 1kg Brew Enhancer.

Anyway, got it going, but thought it was cold in my house so popped a bru-belt heater belt on. Went out today and when I got discovered it was seriously bubbling out of the top of the (closed) brew bucket. It's distorted the top of my bucket and I had to open it to release the pressure. I've taken the belt off and it seemed to be quite warm. Have I totally buggered up this batch?

Thoughts appreciated!

Thanks all.

E

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2011, 04:50 PM   #2
ACbrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 88 Times on 81 Posts
Likes Given: 2

you need the temp of that wort/beer. Preferabley when it was on 'overheat' Basically if you went over 110F (about 45C) you probably killed the yeast, and should get some more. Below that, you may have generated off flavors from stressing the yeast.

I'd personally let it go and see what I got after 3 weeks.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:23 PM   #3
Beerens
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I did the same with the third batch I fermented. It was a decent beer. I think that it may depend on what type of yeast you used. Not familiar with Coopers Dark, but let's hope that some the off flavors will be covered up by the roasted malts.

Quick Reply