Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Help with my bier de chute!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2008, 12:49 AM   #1
Beernewb
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Default Help with my bier de chute!!

the batch was smaller than expected so i added a bit much in priming sugar...i've monitored closely knowing what i was up against...it was decently carbed at 4 days and now i feel its fully carbd at 7....can i just drop the temps to 60? 55? 50? to continue the bottle conditioning, and slow the carbonation with out completely stopping the conditioning?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2008, 02:11 AM   #2
BargainFittings
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 56 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beernewb View Post
the batch was smaller than expected so i added a bit much in priming sugar...i've monitored closely knowing what i was up against...it was decently carbed at 4 days and now i feel its fully carbd at 7....can i just drop the temps to 60? 55? 50? to continue the bottle conditioning, and slow the carbonation with out completely stopping the conditioning?
Temperature is a factor in conditioning but yeast will continue their cold slow march to finish the sugars. Even at refrigerator temps I've had beer slowly carbonate some forgotten brews.

Most likely you will be ok if you drop the temp to as near to freezing (refrigerator) as you can get.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply