Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Help! I think I racked and carbonated to early

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2010, 02:26 AM   #1
kowalzac
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Help! I think I racked and carbonated to early

I am new to brewing and I just racked my 3rd batch, a summer Wheat from my keg I use for secondary and it tastes yeasty. I had it in primary for 6 days and secondary for 6 days. I put it under CO2 and chilled for 1 day. The beer has a strong yeast taste so I cleaned my secondary and re-racked. I put the keg back in the fridge under CO2 hoping that it will clear. Should I take it out of the fridge? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2010, 02:34 AM   #2
lumpher
Recipes 

Liked 118 Times on 107 Posts
Likes Given: 15

wheats are my favorite type, so i have a little experience with them. leave it in the keg, under pressure and chilling, for a week or so. being a wheat, it's meant to be drank without any aging. you ought to be able to drink it a week after carbing/chilling. at this point, leave it alone.

Taps:
1: Yeti RIS clone
2: Mangrove Hefe
3: Barkshack Gingermead
4: Oatmeal Stout
5: Bavarian Wheat
6: Premium Lager

Fermenting: Concord Wine, ESB

Old 09-02-2010, 02:41 AM   #3
steelebrew
Recipes 

also in the being in the cold will settle out yeast

Old 09-02-2010, 02:44 AM   #4
lumpher
Recipes 

Liked 118 Times on 107 Posts
Likes Given: 15

yes, it will, but wheats are ok to have yeast floating in them. that's the way they were designed. a decent wheat should be a little cloudy. besides, yeast is vitamin b-complex anyway, so cloudy beer is good for you (or at least that's what i tell swmbo)

Taps:
1: Yeti RIS clone
2: Mangrove Hefe
3: Barkshack Gingermead
4: Oatmeal Stout
5: Bavarian Wheat
6: Premium Lager

Fermenting: Concord Wine, ESB

Quick Reply