Hello looking for answers!! HELP

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reco

Reaction score
I have been making beer for about two years now and i havent really found anything i really like love the hobby iam trying to make beer that tastes like molson canadain any sagestions and i bought a draft kit its called tap a draft it seems to work pretty good but i can taste co2 in it for some reason anybody know why i follow the instructions i can still taste the co2 the co2 is called LISS natural co2 8gm charges so anyway any help i can get would be greatly apperated:mug:

And if you ever find the recipie for Molson Canadian, let me know what it is.

Try reading this on-line book http://www.howtobrew.com/intro.html
It has a lot of great info that a lot of us more advanced brewers still
refer to.

Making any type of mega brewed beer is almost next to impossible
due to equipment limitations and of course the actual recipie. You
can make a decent lager or pilsener if you were to do all grain
using true lager methods. Just keep your expectations within
reason. If you are like me you will never stop trying though.

Ask any question here and you should get a great reply. A great
bunch of guys and gals who just happen to brew some of the
finnest home crafted beers in the world. (pats self on the back)

You may not be able to match a commercial recipe exactly, but don't limit yourself to that as a goal. You can brew better beer than the big breweries do. By "better", I mean beer that tastes better and gives you more pleasure.

My suggestion would be to go on to the Recipe section of the forum, and describe the beer attributes you want to capture. If it's Molson Canadian, then instead of just saying that (many of us have never tried it), describe what it is about it you like. People here will give you suggestions and ideas, and maybe outright recipes to use as a base. You'll combine that with your experience and the insight you've garnered to date, and you'll brew and brew until, suddenly, you find what you like.

Don't give up, don't get discouraged, and don't limit yourself to a standard that is judged by your ability to slavishly duplicate a commercial brew.

AND, welcome to the best home brewing forum on the web! :tank:

i have tryed this one i found on the net Brew Canada Beer Kit In Place of 1 kg. Dextrose, add the following Tastes Similar To
Light 1 kg. Honey plus 1 cup Dextrose Carlsberg Light™
Draught 1 kg. Honey plus 1 cup Dextrose Schooner Draught™
Lager 500g. Light Malt plus 2 cups Dextrose Molson Canadian™
Dry 1 kg. Honey plus 1 cup Dextrose Molson Dry™
Export Ale Plain Light Gold Medal Malt plus 1 cup Dextrose Rickard's Red™
Pilsener 500g. Light Malt plus 2 cups Dextrose Labatt's Blue™
i tryed the lager/Molson Canadain one it was some what close but not really the same o ya thanks for the replys and the link the the brew book was pretty good there was a lot i really didnt know so thanks
and here is the link if interested http://www.brewerylane.com/brew_canada.html

I did those type of kits a long time ago. Only thing I could say about them at the time was they made beer. Not great tasting beer but beer none-the-less.
Brewery lane...Just got back from there. Picked up some english 2 row and a few hops. Planning on a Hobgoblin ale tomorrow.

You from around my neck of the woods?

does any one know how i could take a standard kit like coopers or somthing else and make it taste like grolsch or corona i like the skunkey taste in a beer any help would be nice:tank:

reco said:
does any one know how i could take a standard kit like coopers or somthing else and make it taste like grolsch or corona i like the skunkey taste in a beer any help would be nice:tank:

HA, is that all you want? No problemo.

When you bottle, use clear glass or green coloured glass bottles. After you have carb'ed your beer, leave a bottle out in the sun for 10 minutes. You'll get the skunk taste:mug: Try leaving it out for diferent lengths of time to get the level of skunk you want.

The Clone Brews book has the recipes for Bohemia, Dos Equis and Negra Modelo if you want to look at some recipes for Mexican beers.

Back