The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Great, or worst beer ever

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2011, 02:11 PM   #11
sdillow
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I brewed through the storm too. And with a tornado warning, had the whole family in the basement for the event. Had to drag everything inside from the patio mid-mash. Thank God it cleared enough so I could boil outside. I figure a few raindrops is a small risk.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2011, 12:06 AM   #12
mattmuir
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Beer is just hammering the air locks and blow-off tube. I dont think any bugs stand a chance with the super yeastie beasties. SWMBO always flashes the beer so I think they are working extra hard.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:32 AM   #13
JetSmooth
Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Looks like my brew is chugging away also. I hook a gas disconnect to the ball lock fitting and put the other end I'd the hose in a jug of Star San. Only took eight hours to get going.

I was tempted to brew another today. Glad I didn't new got hit with another storm worse than last nights. We were even under a tornado warning.

Looks like this may be more of a pale ale than an ESB. May end up calling Tornado Ale-y Pale.

Bottling the Belgian: A Photo Odyssey

Beer is the mind-killer. Beer is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my beer. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see it's path. When the beer has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Old 06-13-2011, 01:54 AM   #14
mattmuir
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Storms went all around us today never hit our house. Coulda woulda shoulda on the brew today. Have 20lbs that should be here on Monday so I will need to get cracking.

Quick Reply