Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Great Info

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2011, 02:29 PM   #1
OldJack
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Great Info

I am brand new to brewing....I gotta say I have all the same worries, questions, concerns, etc, as I am sure most newbies do......There has not been one thing I haven't found answers to on this forum. I have used the search feature a ton......and I'm reading through old & new posts. I can only imagine starting brewing before this info was available. Just a thanks to all that help us young'uns.

Jack

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #2
dcott
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Jack,

Glad you're getting into the hobby, welcome! When I started two years ago, I lurked for months on this forum just to find answers to my questions and to calm my anxieties. I, too, can't imagine having started without the support and knowledge of this community. Even now, there is a TON of info that I look to everyone here for advice on.

The great thing I realized is that people have been brewing for centuries, and most of that time, they weren't as lucky as we are to have a great resource like HBT at their disposal, and yet, they kept making great beer. I'm guessing there is a cave painting out there somewhere with pictographs that roughly translate to: "Relax, don't worry, have a home-brew."

Again, welcome to the hobby, and let us know how the first couple batches go!

~Dan

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."

~Jack Handey

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply