Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Great Brew Day!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2007, 05:40 PM   #1
Marko73
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Great Brew Day!

Hi all,

I just wanted to thank everyone for all of the great advice in this forum. Yesterday, I brewed my first batch of American Cream Ale and everything went perfect.

All I can say to new brewers out there is preparation, preparation, preparation. I was rally nervous and probably overdid it, but it made everything go great. Everyhting was very clean and sanitized. . .I had great hotbreak and boil, the water bath worked great, and now my fermenter is bubbling away!!

Thanks again! I will let you all know how it turns out when I bottle and condition!

BTW.. this is way too addictive. I am already thinking of my next batch. . .

Mark

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2007, 06:16 PM   #2
Joker

Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Congrats on the brew day and yes it is addicting.

I had one of my worst brew days yesterday. Thought I had enough propane to make it through the first of two I planned on making but ran out but not before a boil over. Ran got propane came back get it going, thought all was well turned my back boil over (yes 2) but wait yes I went to get something else a little later and POW 3rd boil over. Even with all that its still better then work. I had my pot to full to start so I think that played a big part in my troubles.

The second brew I made yesterday went without a problem. The first batch was probably a "brew god" smack down for not brewing since July.

Last edited by Joker; 11-19-2007 at 06:29 PM.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:22 PM   #3
Marko73
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I couldn't agree more Gary. . a bad day of brewing is better than the best day at work.

Good luck on yoru batches!

"It is sheer folly to be taken by the hand and led down the path of better brewing by someone who says that they know it all. No, it is your experience that counts most. It is your experience that will always lead you to more questions."

~Charlie Papazian

Quick Reply