Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Got my first batch stewing...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2007, 08:45 PM   #1
Xiren
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Got my first batch stewing...

Hello everyone.
Just wanted to let you all know that I got my first batch in the fermenter and I have gas bubbles escaping. Woo-Hoo! This first batch was definitely a basic starter. It had 2 cans of malt extract with one of the cans having the hops already in it. It is a Thomas Coopers kit. Has anyone ever used one of these? Also, I am going to want to venture into adding the hops myself next time. Do you buy your hops online or what?

Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist.
Children already know that dragons exist.
Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2007, 09:04 PM   #2
FlyingHorse
Formerly Bike N Brew
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Congrats! I'm sure it will turn out well

I generally buy my hops from my LHBS, unless I'm buying in bulk (in which case I've used freshops, hops direct, and hoptech) or it's something they don't have.

There are a number of threads here about different online suppliers (Norhern Brewer, Midwest Homebrew, Austin Homebrew suppley, morebeer, etc.). If you don't have an LHBS, check them out.

Old 06-23-2007, 05:03 PM   #3
Xiren
Recipes 

Well, the fermentation is slowing down, as it should be. I was getting about 3 bubbles in 15 seconds and now I am getting 1. Sunday is the day that the directions said to wait until I can bottle, but it does not say what my F.G. should be. I am to check the F.G. over a 2 day period, but that will increase the risk of contamination won't it? And my sample that I pull out, I assume I am not to put it back in. Since that is such a waste, will it be safe to dump it down "My Pipes"?

Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist.
Children already know that dragons exist.
Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.

Quick Reply